Eighteen

Kenadee knew how she told Rachel how she wanted to give her baby up for adoption. She knew that it wasn't an easy decision. But she knew that she had to do it.

She knew that she was still at school. And that she had Emily to think about and what was best for her.

Kenadee knew it was a mess and she didn't know what to do. All that she knew was that she had to do this alone. She knew that the stress of raising another baby wouldn't help. And she knew how she wanted for everything to be okay.

Kenadee lay  in bed with Emily. She smiled as she looked to her little girl and smiled. "I know it's not easy baby. I do. But I am here for you. It is all going to be okay. Mummy loves you so much. I know you miss your daddy. But I have to do what's best for you," she said as Emily babbled away.

She knew Emily had no idea what was going on. And for that she was glad.

Kenadee knew that she needed to do what was best. And the baby she was carrying would have a better life if it wasn't with her.

She knew that it deserved parents who could look after the baby that she knew she couldn't do.

Kenadee for dressed for school. She walked down into the kitchen as she saw Rachel who looked to her. "Are you sure about this?" Rachel asked. 

Kenadee sighed. "I am. It's for the best mum. I have to do what's for the best," she said as Rachel nodded.

Rachel could see how much she was struggling with this decision that she made.

****

Kenadee sat in the common room as she got to school as she looked to see neve as she walked in.

Neve smiled as she looked to her sister. "Hey how are you doing?" She asked as she sat next to her.

Kenadee looked to her and smiled. "I have been better. I just know I need to pass my exams. And do what is best for the baby, for Emily. I'm alone. And Max left me as if I was nothing. So it's hard. I don't know what to think about him being married and lying to me. But I'm glad I know. It's just a lot," she said as neve looked to her and smiled.

"I know. But I'm here for you no matter what. And you deserve a lot better than Max Tyler," Neve said as Kenadee looked to her and smiled. 

****

Kenadee sat in class and sighed. She knew that she was trying to focus. But she was distracted by all that was going on. She knew how she just wanted it to be okay. And she knew it wasn't easy.

Kenadee knew that she was trying to build a future for her and for Emily. And she knew how it was. She knew it was a mess.

But she had no idea just as she was getting back on her feet, how her life would be turned upside down once again.