Two

Kenadee was still in her coma. No one was coping without her. Max had taken Emily and he was looking after her until Kenadee was better. Rachel for once thought Max was right.

When morning came, Rachel took Neve and Poppy to school. She then went to the hospital. Eddie, along with Max was in charge of the school until Rachel returned.

Rachel went to the hospital. The nurse smiled. "There's no change yet Ms Mason. It's like she has given up the fight."

Rachel sighed. "My Kenadee wouldn't give up. She has a daughter that needs her."

"I'm afraid if Kenadee doesn't wake soon, the life support will be turned off."

***
Neve went to see Emily in the crèche. She had missed her niece so much. She walked inside and smiled. "Hi gorgeous girl."

Emily blinked and started chewing on her hand. Neve took her hand from her mouth. "Mummy will be back with us soon. I promise."

***
Rachel had decided to go into work for the afternoon. She saw Eddie standing there. "Rach? What's happened?"

Rachel sighed. "Unless Kenadee wakes up soon, they're turning off the life support. We could lose her Eddie. Emily could lose her mum before she even knows her," Rachel said.

Eddie couldn't believe it. None of them wanted to lose Kenadee. She was always a happy girl. Eddie didn't know how they would explain to the school.

***
Neve walked to the office to see Max. Max was on the phone. "Who was that?"

"My girlfriend. Anna."

Neve was shocked. She couldn't believe Max had a new girlfriend. "What about Kenadee? Have you forgotten about her?"

Max sighed. "Neve, Kenadee and I had a few nights of sex. That's all."

Neve hated how Max acted. "She's the mother of your daughter Max. Have you forgotten that?" She asked.

Max again sighed. "Neve, we both know Kenadee is unwell right now. It's unknown if she'll even wake up."

Neve got angry. "Don't ever say that! She will wake up! Emily needs her mum!" She yelled.

Max looked at her. "Please leave. If and when Kenadee wakes up, I will give her Emily back but I won't be getting back with her."

"Screw you."

***
Rachel went back to the hospital. The nurse from before was there. "Ms Mason. Kenadee has woken up. But she hasn't talked."

"Sorry?"

The nurse sighed. "She's woken up. But she won't talk talk. She's gone mute."

"Surely that's not uncommon? She's been through a traumatic experience," Rachel said.

***
Neve was sitting in Maths with Eddie. Neve sighed. "Sir, all of this is pointless. Maths won't be around to help us in the future."

"Neve, Keep it quiet."

Neve rolled her eyes. She didn't want to be in Maths. Eddie knew this. "Go and find your sister. You two should be together. Tell Miss Campbell that I said you could sit in the common room."

***
Rachel sat by Kenadee. Kenadee hadn't spoke at all. Would Rachel get her bubbly daughter back? Or would she lose Kenadee to her demons?