Sixteen

Kenadee sat in bed and sighed. She looked to Emily and smiled. She knew how things have been but she knew that Emily was keeping her strong. And the fact that she was pregnant.

"Mummy loves you baby," Kenadee said as Emily smiled.

Kenadee knew it wasn't easy. She knew that she missed Max. And how she wanted him home. She wanted him back with her and with Emily.

"Dada," Emily said as Kenadee looked to her and smiled

"I miss daddy too. I know it's hard. But we will find him. Uncle Tom is trying," Kenadee said as Emily pouted.

She knew that Emily was too young to understand it. She knew how Emily missed her dad. And she knew that she did too.

Kenadee got dressed and got Emily dressed. She smiled as she looked to see Rachel as she stood in the kitchen.

"Are you okay" Rachel asked.

Kenadee looked to her. She sighed and smiled. "I've been better. But I am getting there. I need to do what is best for Emily. I need to do what is best for me. I know what you thought about Max. But I love him. He is Emily's father and this baby is his," she said.

Rachel smiled. "I know that your struggling. But you will be okay. I know it isn't easy. But you are strong and Max Tyler is the one who is in the wrong. And it's his loss," Rachel said as Kenadee smiled.

Kenadee knew how none of it was easy.

****

Kenadee got to school. She was sat in the common room. She smiled as she saw Neve as she walked in. She smiled as she looked to her sister. "Are you okay" Neve asked.

"I guess so."

"I know it's hard. I want you to know that you're not alone.  And we can get through this," Neve said.

"I guess so. I hate the mess that this is. I mean he hasn't even asked how his daughter is. I mean what sort of man does that. I mean he may have broken my heart but this is his daughter," Kenadee mumbled.

"I'm sorry that you're going through this. But I love you and you are my sister. And I don't want to lose you," Neve told her.

Kenadee looked to her. She smiled. "You don't need to worry. I'll be okay," she said.

She knew it wasn't easy. But she knew how she had to be okay.

****

Kenadee stood in the hallway as Tom walked down towards her and smiled. "I need to talk to you," he said.

Kenadee smiled. "Okay..." Kenadee said as she followed him to his classroom.

Tom closed the door and looked to her. "There is no easy way to say this," he said as she frowned.

She didn't like the feeling that she was getting. "Just say it Tom," she said.

Tom nodded. "I..I found max. There's no easy way to say this. Max...he has another family. A wife and two kids," Tom said as Kenadee frowned. She felt sick.

She couldn't believe what she was hearing. All of it was a lie and she felt broken.

But could Kenadee ever recover from this?