Nine

Kenadee woke up in bed alone. She looked around to see Max. But she couldn't find him. She frowned when she saw a note on the bedside table.

I'm sorry. I had to go.
I love you so much x

Kenadee felt her heart break. Max had left her after he promised her he wouldn't. She didn't know what to do. She felt betrayed.

"Mummy."

Kenadee stood up and walked over to the travel cot. She picked up Emily and cried. "Daddy left us baby. We're alone."

Emily blinked and giggled. She pointed to the door. "Daddy."

****

Rachel was fuming that Kenadee had gone with Max. She wanted to make Max pay for what he had done to her daughter.

Rachel sighed as she grabbed her phone. "Police please. I want to report someone. A teacher who has been taking advantage of a student." 

Neve walked into the room. "What are you doing?" She asked.

Rachel turned to face her and sighed. "Making Max Tyler pay," she said as she put her phone down.

Neve rolled her eyes and sighed. "You drove her away mum. What do you expect her to do? It's not fair on her. She's doing what's best for her and for Emily. You get try and take her away, she will hate you forever trust me on that," Neve said.

Rachel sighed. "I know what is best for your sister. So don't try and turn this round on me," she said as she walked out of the room.

Neve sighed as she watched Rachel walked out the house. She grabbed her phone and sighed as she called Kenadee. She groaned. "Ken. It's me. Look. Mum has done something. Call me back."

****

Kenadee ran a hand through her hair as she stood from the cab as she got back to Rochdale. She was heartbroken and alone. She couldn't believe what Max had done and how he had left her.

He left her like she was nothing. Kenadee put Emily in her pushchair as she babbled away. She smiled as she looked at her mummy. "Dada!"

"Daddy's gone baby. It's just you and me now," Kenadee said as she checked her phone.

Kenadee wanted to go home. But she didn't know if she could. She didn't know what to do. It was all a big mess and she didn't know if she could go home.

Kenadee grabbed her phone and called Neve. "It's me. I need you. Can you meet me?"

****

Kenadee sat in a cafe with Emily as Neve walked in. Neve looked at her and grinned as she took Emily. "What happened?" She asked.

"Max left me... I was prepared to give up everything for him. And he ran away from me. He didn't even tell me. I don't know what I'm going to do. How am I supposed to move on? I can't go home. Mum will hate me," Kenadee said as she looked at her.

Neve smiled as she handed Kenadee some cash. "Take a few days. Get a hotel room. Clear your head. Then come home. Mum may be a cow. But she loves you," Neve said.

Kenadee looked at her and smiled. Not knowing what she was going to do. But little did she know how her life would change with Max walking away from her.