Three

Kenadee had been released from the hospital. She had barely talked. She couldn't. She was still too broken. Rachel's concerns were growing. She knew Kenadee would take a while to go back to how she used to be.

When morning came, Kenadee went downstairs. Never smiled. "Morning. Max is bringing Emilie back soon," she said.

Kenadee nodded. She looked around and frowned. "Where's Poppy?" She asked.

"She's at school early," Rachel said as she walked in. She looked at her daughter. "How are you feeling Kenadee?"

Kenadee stayed quiet but she nodded. She wanted her baby back. She hadn't seen her since Adam had taken her back.

***
Kenadee was going back to school for the first time. She was anxious and didn't know If she could handle it. Never hadn't told her about Max having a new girlfriend. She didn't know if her sister would be able to handle it.

The three Mason's arrived at school. Kenadee saw Poppy and walked over. "What's going on?" She asked quietly.

"What you mean?"

"Why aren't you ever around now?"

Poppy sighed. "Look, I need to tell you something. You won't like it," she said.

Kenadee frowned. She looked at her sister. "What?"

"Max has a new girlfriend. She's been staying with him and Emilie," Poppy said sincerely. She felt bad for all Kenadee.

***
Max looked up as Kenadee walked in. He saw how broken she looked. She had no makeup on and was wearing jeans instead of her usual skirt. "Kenadee."

"When were you going to tell me about your new girlfriend?" Kenadee asked.

Max sighed. He knew her sisters would have told her. "I'm sorry. But things happened. She's great with Emilie," he told her.

Kenadee felt her remaining hope for rekindling their romance gone. She was heartbroken. "W-Well, I want to take Emilie home with me," she mumbled.

Max sighed but nodded. He knew she would want their daughter back with her soon. He looked at Kenadee. "I'm sorry."

***
Kenadee sat in class. She could feel everyone looking at her and talking about her. She didn't know why. She wanted to go back home.

After having enough of it, Kenadee stood up and walked out. She went to the crèche and got Emilie. Kenadee was going back home.

***
Kenadee had locked the front door. She held her daughter close to her. "Mummy has missed you so much pretty girl. She's never leaving you again," she mumbled.

Emilie babbled. Kenadee smiled and stroked her hair. "I love you baby girl. You're all mine."

***
Eventually Rachel, Poppy and Neve returned. Rachel smiled at seeing her daughter fast asleep on the sofa with Emilie. Poppy grinned. "That's cute."

Rachel picked up Emilie and laid her in the playpen. Kenadee shot up. "Where is she?" She asked.

"She's in her playpen. Don't worry," Rachel said. She knew Kenadee was paranoid. It was heartbreaking for her to see.

***
Kenadee laid in bed with Emilie that night. How could she ever get over being heartbroken?