Seven

It was Max's final day at Waterloo Road. Kenadee didn't want to say goodbye to him. She couldn't. She wouldn't be able to cope without him.

Kenadee saw a text from him on her phone;

One last day. Let's make it count - Max xo

Kenadee didn't reply. She couldn't. It was going to break her heart. She knew saying goodbye to Max was going to destroy her.
****

Neve saw how upset Kenadee was. She sighed. "It's going to be okay. I promise you."

"Really? Because I don't feel like it will. I'm losing the only man I've ever loved. Emily is losing her dad and I can't handle it," Kenadee sobbed.

She knew that she wasn't as upset over Emily losing Max. But she was more upset for losing Max herself. He was leaving her like what they had was nothing. She felt like she was nothing to him. "I don't want to lose him Neve," Kenadee said. She looked over Emily. "She doesn't want to lose him."

Neve looked at her and smiled. "I know. Maybe tell him to stay. Tell him that. I know you're still in love with him. I know he's still in love with you," she said as she looked at her sister and sighed. She didn't think Max would stay.

****

Kenadee got to school. She dropped Emily off at the crèche. She walked out of the room only to walk into Max and frowned. "I wanted to see Emily."

"I've just settled her," Kenadee said as she went to walk off. She couldn't look at him without feeling heartbroken.

Max grabbed her arm and looked at her. He frowned. "Ken, don't do this," he said.

Kenadee looked at him and rolled her eyes. "Don't Ken me Max. You're leaving me and Emily as if we are nothing. You say you want the money. But the money isn't nothing when it's us," she said.

"What are you saying?" Max asked.

Kenadee looked at him and sighed. "Forget it," she said as she walked off.

He walked after her into an empty classroom and looked to her. "Kenadee."

"I love you Max. I love you more than anything. But I know you don't love me," she said. She felt the tears pouring down her cheeks.

Max took her hand. "I do love you Kenadee. More than you'll ever know. But I have to get away from here. From Rachel," he said.

Kenadee frowned. "What has my mum got to do with this?"

"She's trying to get me sent to jail. Because I got you pregnant," Max said.

****

Kenadee felt her blood boil. She should have known. She should have known that Max was leaving because of Rachel. All Rachel had done was come between her and Max.

Kenadee stormed into the office. She looked at Rachel and glared. "You're a cow!" Kenadee spat. She was fuming.

"Excuse me?" Rachel asked. She knew what had happened. Max had told her about why he was leaving.

"I know. I know what you're trying to do to Max. I will never forgive you," she spat as she walked off.

****

Kenadee stood with Emily as Max pulled up in the car. "I got your message. Are you okay?" He asked as he stood from the car and took Emily from her.

"I  don't care. I don't want to lose you. We're coming with you," she said. She knew she had to leave.

Max looked at her and smirked. "Get in," he said as Kenadee got in the car. He strapped Emily in and looked at her. "Ready?"

Kenadee nodded and smiled. But could Kenadee really run away with Max? Even if it meant leaving everyone behind?