Four

Kenadee didn't want to talk to Max. He had broken her heart. To her, she had gone from heartbreaker to heartbroken. She didn't think she could find love again. Max was the only one to love her. Despite all her flaws. He had someone else now.

When morning came, Kenadee went downstairs with Emilie. She sighed and sat her in the playpen. Neve was over at Tom's with Amelia. Kenadee sat down on the sofa. She saw a text from Max;

I'd like to see Emilie today? I'll bring her back tomorrow - Max x
You can see her. But I don't want your girlfriend near her. It will confuse her as she's growing up - Kenadee
That's fine - Max x

Kenadee sighed and went to get Emilie ready. She packed her an overnight bag too. Kenadee didn't know what she would do without her little girl.

***
Max pulled up. Kenadee walked out to him. "Hiya. She's got nappies, babygros and clean clothes in her bag," Kenadee said.

Max nodded. He took his daughter and strapped her into the car seat. He turned to Kenadee. "How are you feeling?" He asked.

"Heartbroken. Damaged beyond control. Hurt and in pain but just another day in the life of Kenadee Mason. Gone from heartbreaker to heartbroken," Kenadee said.

Max sighed. He knew he was the reason Kenadee was heartbroken. He took her hand. "You have to understand. I thought I was going to lose you. Anna just came into my life when I was about to self destruct," he explained.

"Don't feel like you have to explain to me. I get it. You fell in love with someone who wasn't me," she said.

***
Kenadee was feeling lost without Emilie. She was home alone and she was getting scared. She didn't think she could cope on her own. Every bang scared her.

The door opened and Rachel came in. "Hiya love. Where's Emilie?" She asked.

"She's gone with Max for the night. He wanted to see her," Kenadee mumbled.

Rachel looked at her daughter. She knew in that moment that Kenadee wasn't the same girl she remembered. It broke her heart. Rachel sat down next to her. "It's going to be okay. I promise you."

"Yeah right."

***
Neve walked into the house. She smiled at Kenadee. "Amelia is with Tom for a few days so I thought we could have sister bonding?"

Kenadee shrugged. "Whatevs. Not like I've got Emilie."

"Yeah. Where is the little monkey?"

"With Max."

***
Rachel had ordered the girls in a pizza. She was going on a date with Eddie Lawson. Kenadee knew Rachel needed to move on from Adam but Kenadee thought something bad was going to happen.

Neve sighed. "Mum's dating again. Hasn't taken her long has it?" She asked.

Kenadee shrugged. "None of my business. Just as long as he keeps away from me."

Neve frowned. She knew something was up with her sister. "Ken, not every guy mum brings home will hurt you."

"You never know."

Kenadee went to her bedroom to get changed. How did she stop herself feeling so broken?