Fifteen

Kenadee felt anxious. She knew how Tom said he'd help her find Max. But she was scared and anxious by it all. Kenadee knew that things were complicated. She knew that she didn't know what to think.

Kenadee hated Max had walked out on them. How she had to do this alone. He didn't even know that she was pregnant and she felt so scared.

Kenadee sat in her room as Neve walked in. She smiled as she looked to her sister. "Are you okay? I spoke to Tom. He's text Max asking to meet. Do you want Tom to tell him that you are pregnant? I mean, I know it's not his place," she told her.

Kenadee smiled. "Tell him it's his baby. He needs to know. Maybe it will bring him home or not. But he needs to know that he is going to be father again," she said.

Neve looked to her and smiled. "I know that you are scared and worried. But the sooner that we find Max, the better it will be," she told her as Kenadee looked to her sister and smiled.

Kenadee knew that things were a mess. And how she just wanted Max back.

****

Kenadee got to school as she dropped Emily off in the crèche. She knew how hard it was for her to still be at school and to be pregnant with another baby. But she knew that she had to try and find a way to make it work.

Kenadee walked out of the room. She saw Rachel. Rachel looked to her and smiled.  "Hey. I wanted to see how you were doing. I know that things haven't been easy. But I am your mother and it's my job to be there and protect you. I already did a crap job with you and Neve," Rachel said.

Kenadee looked to her and smiled. "No you didn't. You did your best. I see it now. It's all I wanted for you to do. And if I am half the mum you were, I'd be glad. Just don't play anymore games mum. I can't do it." Kenadee told her as she looked to her.

Rachel smiled. "There's no games. I know nothing about Max. If I did, I would tell you," she said.

Kenadee looked to her for a moment. As if she was reading her and nodded. "I know that things are hard right now. But you are not alone. You will be okay and you're not alone," Rachel said as Kenadee smiled.

****

Kenadee sat in her room with Emily and smiled. "Dada!" Emily babbled as Kenadee sighed.

She hated seeing how much she missed Max. Kenadee knew that she also missed Max. She knew that it was a mess and she missed him too.

But little did Kenadee know that as Tom tracked him down, that he was about to stumble on a big secret which would change everything. And nothing was going to be the same again because of it.