One

Rachel Mason sped to the hospital. She needed to see her daughters. Thankfully, Eddie was watching Emily. Rachel knew it wasn't good when Neve had said Kenadee didn't have a pulse.

When she arrived at the hospital, she ran inside. "Kenadee-Rose Mason. Where is she?" She asked.

"Mum?"

Rachel turned to see her two daughters. They both had blood on them. Kenadee's blood. Rachel walked over. "What happened?" Rachel asked.

"A-Adam, he stabbed her and shot her," Neve mumbled.

Rachel paled and looked at her two girls. "Did they find a pulse?"

Poppy nodded. "Yeah. They did. Mum, they said it's not looking good. She apparently lost too much blood," she sobbed.

Neve held her sister close. The two girls needed each other more than anything.

***
Kenadee had been taken down for surgery. They needed to stop the bleeding. It wasn't looking good for her but the doctors weren't going to give up.

A Few hours later.

Rachel and the girls were sitting in the family room. The door opened and Kenadee's doctor walked in. "Miss Mason?"

"How's My Daughter?" Rachel asked as she stood up. She didn't want to hear bad news.

The doctor sighed. "Thankfully, we've managed to stop the bleeding and saved Kenadee. However, due to the blood loss, she's slipped into a coma."

"But she will be alright won't she?"

The doctor again sighed. "It's too soon to tell. Kenadee's body has been through so much trauma, it's almost shut down. Unless Kenadee wants to come out of this coma, there's nothing more we can do."

***
Rachel and the girls had been allowed to see Kenadee. She was hooked up to all sorts of machines. Neve felt her heart shatter.

Rachel sat down and stroked Kenadee's hair. "You've been through the wars lately haven't you darling. But you need to wake up soon. Emily needs her mummy and we all need you," she said.

Neve and Poppy were both crying. All of Kenadee's injuries were visible now. They didn't want to see their sister like that.

Rachel wiped away her tears. "Adam has been charged with attempted murder, kidnap and rape. He won't be getting out for a long time," she said.

"Good. If he's ever released, I'll kill him," Neve said. She would do to him what he did to Kenadee.

Rachel sighed. "That won't help Kenadee. But we all need to step up and help with Emily. I know we've been doing that but with Kenadee being so unwell, she won't be able to do it alone."

***
Max arrived at Rachel's. He wanted to see his daughter. Eddie let him in. "She's in the living room.' Go On through."

"Thanks."

Max walked into the living room. Emily was in her walker chewing on her hand. Max smiled and picked her up. "Daddy isn't letting you go again. He's going to look after you until mummy is better."

***
Rachel looked at her three girls. She knew she needed to tell them the secret she kept hidden. But would it destroy their family again?