tense

relationship status: idfk
y/n's pov :)

lately vinnie and i haven't been doing to well. every conversation leads to an argument. anytime i will try to talk to him, or ever just simply sit with him, he will move away from me. the atmosphere has been tense ever since we had a argument last week, much bigger than the rest. i apologised and apologised but he doesn't seem to have moved on from it.

i just got back from hanging out with friends, i slip my shoes off and head into our kitchen. vinnie sits at the dining table, sorting through a stack of papers.

"i'm home" i mutter and grab a glass of water.

"mhmm" vinnie hums coldly and i groan.

"vinnie when are you going to stop being mad at me? i'd actually like to have a proper conversation with my boyfriend" i huff out but he doesn't budge.

"please just tell me what's wrong" i plead and join him at the table. i place my hand on his thigh, rubbing it slowly. vinnie doesn't respond, instead he stands up and walks away.

i sigh out at his actions and follow him into our bedroom.

"i can't take this anymore vin, we need to resolve whatever this is"

he takes a deep breathe in and turns around to face me.

"you remember what you said that day? the day we fought?" i notice his eyes start to well up, and my heart sinks. i shake my head slowly.

"we fight everyday vinnie" i reply, although i know what he's referring to.

"you said you'd be better off without me" my lip quivers at his words.

"i didn't mean it vin-"

he cuts me off. "but you still said it"

i feel my heart drop into my stomach.

"i- i don't think this is working out" vinnie blurts out after a suffocating silence.

"what are you talking about?" i step closer to him, fighting the tears that threaten to spill from my drooping eyes.

"i'm not happy y/n" his voice cracks, resulting in pools of tears surrounding my eyes.

"we- i know we've been going though some hard stuff vin, but we can fix it, i know we can" i breathe out, searching for any form of hope in his eyes.

"i don't think we can" his glossy eyes gaze into mine.

"i'll always have a special place for you in my heart y/n, and maybe one day we can-" i shake my head, wiping the tears from my face quickly.

"uh uh, no, you're not breaking up with me." tears slip out of vinnie's eyes as he watches me break down.

"you'll move on, you'll find the person that's perfect for you"

"it's you! you're the person vin!"

"i don't know if i can- i don't want to live with out you" my bottom lip juts out as i sob hopelessly.

"vinnie i- i love you" i glance up at him, awaiting his response.

"don't you love me?" i question, knowing what his answer will be.

"i gotta go, i'll send someone to get my stuff tomorrow"

"please just wait. can you at least kiss me goodbye?"

"y/n i-"

"i don't know what i'm gonna do but i need your lips on mine for one more second, even if it's the last. please" i plead, and vinnie nods slowly. he leans in to kiss my lips, pressing them against mine briefly.

a salty taste rests on my lips as he pulls away, furrowed and raised brows.

"i'll see you" he whispers, before i slump my shoulders as vinnie leaves me to drown in my own sorrows.