coffee

relationship status: friends, maybe more?
y/n's povvvvv

right now vinnie and i are studying at his house.

"oh fuck" i groan, glancing down at the coffee-stain displayed down my white chest t-shirt.

i look up at vinnie to see him staring at my chest, on the other side of the table.

"what?" i question, tilting my head to the side in confusion.

"your shirt- it's um- see through" vinnie darts his eyes away, as i try to dab some of the coffee out with tissue. of course that doesn't work.

i have no choice but to lift my shirt over my head, revealing my red, lacy bra. i walk over to the mirror, wiping some of the coffee away.

vinnie starts to cough, before clearing his throat.

"you good, vin?" i chuckle, folding my shirt up.

"erm yeah" he threads a hand through his hair, focusing his eyes on the papers before him.

"am i making you uncomfortable? i just want to let the coffee smell air out a bit before i put something on" i break the awkward silence.

"no it's okay" i watch as vinnie nibbles at his bottom lip, pulling it between his teeth.

"so..." vinnie starts.

"so..." the air is thick and i know we both don't know what to say.

"why is this so awkward? we were fine a minute ago" i question.

"maybe because you're half naked?" i nod and chuckle with him, covering my chest slightly.

"why do i have to be so fucking clumsy?" i curse myself and vinnie sips from his drink.

"honestly it's cute" vinnie smiles and i feel butterflies erupt in my stomach once again.

there's a silence again, but it's not awkward anymore.

"come, sit" i pat the space next to me on his bed, and he obliges.

"so what are we not studying anymore?" a smile plays at vinnie's lips as i fold my arms over chest.

"do you want to?" i ask, turning to face him, revealing my chest a little more. he glances down at it, letting his eyes linger there for a moment.

"not really" he breathes out, inching closer to me.

"so what do you wanna do?" my heartbeat becomes erratic as vinnie parts his lips, the space between our faces decreasing by the second.

"vinnie" i whisper, gazing into his eyes.

"can i kiss you?" his breath fans against my lips, and without even thinking i nod slowly.

his lips curve into a smile, before levelling his lips with mine. his hand reaches for mine, intertwining our fingers by my side. vinnie's lips hover over mine for a few seconds, before barely brushing against them.

i close my eyes, as he deepens the kiss, soft clicking sounds emanate throughout the room.

his hand encircles my bare waist, pulling me into him more. i feel vinnie smile against my lips before pulling away.

"i've been wanting to do that for a while" vinnie admits, a rosy blush prominent on his cheeks.

"erm yeah, me too. i should probably put some clothes on now" i chuckle sheepishly, grabbing the first piece of clothing i see.

"i like you, y/n" vinnie blurts out, and heat rises up to my cheeks.

"i like me too" i grin widely and vinnie's face falls.

"i'm kidding, vin. i like you too" i grab his hand, lacing our fingers together before leaning in to kiss him again.

-

a/n!
what the fuck are you supposed to say after you kiss someone for the first time? "uhh that was nice" 🥲 yeah how about no.