i'm sorry

relationship status: dating
y/n and vinnie's pov
ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

requested by gimmienicestorries

i stare down at my phone, awaiting the message from vinnie i was promised a few hours ago

more hours pass and i feel myself growing more mad by the second. he was supposed to be home 4 hours ago, what is he still doing?

my finger hovers over the call button, as i debate whether or not to call him.

my thoughts are soon interrupted as the bedroom door is pushed open, and vinnie steps through.

"where were you? it's been what, 4 hours?" i am rewarded with furrowed brows and a clenched jaw.

i stand up, meeting him in the middle of the room as he threads a harsh hand through his hair.

his usual soft, warm eyes are switched out with dark and irate features.

"vin? is everything okay?" he backs away, resting against the door.

"i'm fine" vinnie murmurs after a few moments of silence.

he glances at me before darting his eyes back to the window.

"well what happened?" i ask,

"nothing, don't wanna talk about it" he sneers, throwing his bag onto the floor. it lands with a loud thud, startling me.

"well i'd appreciate it if we could communicate, vinnie" he scoffs, brushing against my shoulder and walking into the bathroom.

i follow him, crossing my arms over my chest.

"seriously? you're ignoring me now?" i narrow my eyes at him, watching as he takes a deep breath, before glaring at me.

"can't you just leave me alone? i'm so sick and tired of you following me around all the time" vinnie snaps, fumbling around with a few things before heading back into the main bedroom.

"following you around? what are you talking about?" the thought of vinnie not wanting me anymore seeps into my brain.

"why is it so hard for you to understand that i care about you? i'm asking you if you're okay, vinnie. is it so bad for me to to worry about my boyfriend, like a normal person would? you come home 5 hours late, and you expect me to just sit there and not worry about you? i don't know what happened to you, or why your acting this way, but you sure are acting like a fucking child right now"

vinnie simply raises his eyebrows, most likely thinking of what to say.

"i can't do this right now, y/n" he grumbles.

"can't do what? unless you provide me with a logical explanation your point is invalid" i know i'm just provoking him further, but he needs to know that the way he's acting is not okay.

"shut up! just shut the fuck up!" vinnie yells, watching me as i flinch.

he had lifted his hand up to his forehead, and i flinched.

a feeling ran through me for a split second, that he would hit me. but he would never hit me.

the distant memories of my past relationship floods through my mind, and i can't seem to get the thought out of my head.

flashback (with ex)

"you dumb. fucking. bitch" he seethes, dragging his fingers along the goosebumps on my arms.

"why won't you just fucking listen!" he yells. my cheek begins to sting, and i look up to see literal anger radiating from him.

"you slapped me?" i challenge, only making him angrier. another harsh slap lands onto my cheek and tears well up in my eyes.

i back away, making contact with the wall but he follows.

"no please- please i'm sorry" i ramble, and he laughs, cornering me against the rough brick.

tears stream down my face as he grabs my arms. i sigh in defeat, realising i have no way out of this.

"don't be so stupid, y/n. you brought this on yourself"

end of flashback

vinnie's pov.

she flinched. she fucking flinched. she's not scared of me, is she?

"y/n, are you okay?" she stares at the floor, blinking repeatedly.

"i'm sorry for making you so angry vinnie" i feel like a fucking dick right now.

"no, it's not your fault. it's mine" i place my hand over hers, squeezing it gently.

"did you think i would hit you? i would never baby"

"but you were so mad, and my ex-"

"your ex?" i interrupt her.

"yeah, erm- he used to hit me" her eyes finally meet mine and they're glossed over with tears.

my heart sinks and i feel like an idiot.

i wrap my arms around her, holding her close so much that she can't move.

"i didn't know you were... abused by your ex"

"well it's not something i want to share with everyone is it? but it's okay, i'm fine now."

"i'm sorry" i mumble into her neck, resting my chin on her shoulder.

"s'okay"

"it's not okay, i'm sorry for being a dick today" she buries her face further into my chest.

"and i'm sorry for not talking to you about my problems! i'm sorry-"

"stop saying sorry" she giggles, and i feel my heart melt at her cuteness.

"i need to say sorry a million times before you can forgive me"

"you're forgiven vincent, but don't do it again!"

a/n!
i'm so deprived of love it's literally unfair