toxic

relationship status: on the rocks..
y/n's pov.

we're toxic.

we both know it.

what we don't know is who's going to admit it, or who is going to breakdown first.

i love vinnie, there's no doubt about it. but i can't live my life trapped in a relationship built on toxicity and lies, so i'm going to have to talk to him about it.

there are endless night of tears and sadness that i just can't deal with anymore, i deserve to be with someone who will make me happy, not revengeful and miserable.

i make my way over to his house that he lives in with his friends.

"hi vin" i smile, leaning in to hug the boy streaming before me.

his eyes are glued to the screen so i pull away. i don't even think he has noticed my presence. i wave a hand in his face and he pushes it away quickly.

"god y/n can't you see that i'm playing?" he growls at me and i furrow my eyebrows.

"i just wanted to say hi to you vinnie, no need to get all mad" i sit down, not removing my shoes.

"i'm not mad"

"yeah. right" i scroll on my phone for a little before starting to get bored.

"vinnie can you get off your game please? it's been an hour and i need to talk to you" i say, my voice laced with annoyance.

"one second" he mumbles, the endless clicking sounds invading my ears.

"i'm just gonna go hang out with troy or something" i stand up, expecting him to pull me back but he doesn't.

when i come back vinnie is still playing.

"you're kidding right? it's been what 5 hours? and you can't take a break to talk to your girlfriend?"

"i said wait. why can't you be patient?" he finally gets off the game, plopping down on his bed and huffing out.

"i've been waiting for so long!" i yell slightly.

"whatever, calm down woman" he chuckles to himself, flipping my back.

it's taking everyone in me not to yell at him with my harsh words, but that would just cause unnecessary arguing and i don't have the strength to deal with that right now.

"what did you do with troy?" vinnie blurts out after an uncomfortable silence.

"we hung out, i was bored and you weren't listening to me."

"i don't want you hanging out with him anymore" i raise my brows at his words.

"why the fuck not? troy is like a brother to me"

"i don't give a shit. he clearly likes you, and i can't have that"

"you're literally making me go crazy vincent, i can't do this anymore" i rub my temples frustratedly.

"cant do what anymore?" his eyes are still glued to the ceiling.

"this, us, i don't- i can't do it" i sigh out.

vinnie sits up, facing me.

"what are you talking about?"

"i don't want to be with you anymore!" i yell, and his cheeks inflame as if he's ready to pounce.

"what? why not?" he yells back, startling me.

"you're toxic! fucking toxic! get it?"

"and you're not toxic? we fight every single day, mainly because you're mad about something i've done" vinnie says

"like yesterday, you claimed i was flirting with maddy? when i wasn't!" he yells in my face.

"i'm not fucking blind vin i can see it!" the whole house can probably hear us.

"you're frustrating y/n, i can't deal with you anymore" he grumbles, and tears slip out of my eyes.

"then don't! i'm done!" i grab my stuff, heading out the house. vinnie follows, finally catching up to me and pulling me back.

"wait where are you going?" confusion glosses over vinnie's eyes as he gazes into mine.

"i'm leaving, we're done" i say, pulling my trembling lip into my mouth.

"i didn't think you were being serious, i just thought it was another one of our arguments. you can't break up with me y/n. you can't" he breaks down in front of me, falling to his knees.

"i love you so much" he wipes the tears away, pleading for my forgiveness.

"i can change, i'll promise i'll change" my heart sinks at the broken boy before me.

"i- i don't know vin"

"i'll make you happy, i promise you" he squeezes my hands together, pulling me into him.

"please, just give me another chance" he begs.

as much as i want to say no, i can't. because i love him despite our toxicity.

"okay, i"ll give you another chance"