late

vinnie and i lay snuggled up in my bed, watching a movie. i suddenly feel the urge to throw up, so i jump up and run to the bathroom.

vinnie follows me, holding my hair up as i vomit into the toilet.

"fuck" i groan, wiping my mouth and washing my hands.

a worried expression spreads across vinnie's face.

"maybe it was something you ate?" he suggests as i sit on the toilet. i shrug.

"vin when's the last time we had sex?" i ask him

"about a week ago, why?"

"i'm- my period's late too" i pull my lip between my teeth, the realisation hitting me.

"what y/n?" i glance up at vinnie, who's awaiting my answer.

"shit" i mutter, throwing my head into my hands.

"i think i might be pregnant" i whisper, feeling vinnie stare into my soul.

"you're what?" he looks as if he's seen a ghost

"it was an accident, we were both drunk as hell, i remember now" i take a deep breath, processing my poor decisions.

vinnie doesn't respond, instead he just gazes at me.

i glance up at him, trying to understand what may be going on in that head of his.

"vin say something" i feel the tears behind my eyes start to build up and vinnie breathes out.

"i'm gonna go get tests" he finally mutters, after a pause. i don't even look up at him, as i hear scurrying across the room. i finally hear the door shut.

vinnie comes back in about 5 minutes, bag in hand. he drops about 10 pregnancy tests from the bag, and as much as i want to laugh at him, now is most definitely not the time.

"do you want my help?" vinnie's chest rises up and down as he glances at me. i shake my head slowly, and he walks out of the bathroom.

i take the test, vinnie and i then awaiting their results. i tap my fingers against the countertop out of boredom, praying only one line shows up.

"what if it comes back positive?" i break the silence.

the silence in the room is suffocating, i just want vinnie to say something.

"then it comes back positive" he replies, pulling his bottom lip between his lips. at that exact moment i felt a weight lift off my chest at the thought of vinnie staying by my side, no matter what happens.

i glance back at the white plastic, two red lines clearly shown upon it.

vinnie's head is currently lowered into his palms.

"it's positive" i mutter, he lifts his head up at the sound of my low voice.

he averts his gaze over to the test, then looking back at me.

"i didn't mean for this to happen" tears spill from my eyes as i place my head in my palms, breathing in and out slowly.

"hey, it's okay" vinnie quickly wraps his arms around me, his curls tickling my cheek as he leans in to face me.

"it's not your fault" he reassures me, bringing his hand up to my cheek to wipe my tears away.

"i don't know what to do" i mutter, burying my face in the crook of his neck. his grip around me tightens, and i feel vinnie place his hand on my back, rubbing in small circles

"you're not alone in this y/n, it takes two to make a few cells remember?" he jokes and i chuckle lightly. this guy really knows how to make a girl feel better.

"what were you thinking about doing?" vinnie finally asks, clearing the wetness away from my face.

"we can't take care of a baby vin, we're still kids ourselves" i mutter, bringing my gaze to meet his.

"i know, but i think we're in the right mindset to raise a child. of course i'm not in any position to force you into anything, but i just want you to explore all options" he smiles softly, his voice soothing me.

"we've got our whole lives ahead of us, don't you think a baby would just drag us down?" i question and he shakes his head.

"nope, honestly i just think it gives us more of a challenge" he links our fingers, his warm touch making me feel safe.

"you really think so?"

"i do baby, at first i was a little shocked and hesitant, but i now i really do think we could do it"

"i'm torn" i dip my head back into the crook of his neck, feeling myself slobber all over his neck with my wet cheeks.

"we've got time. a lot of time to think about what we're going to do. but just know i would never, ever leave you" he lifts my chin up to place a loving kiss to my forehead.

the corner of my mouth quirks up at his words.

"i love you" i whisper into the soft skin at his neck.

"i love you more baby" vinnie pulls me into his body further, just taking in my embrace as i take his in too.