Chapter 11🦋

Your touch gives me butterflies🦋

Yelena's POV:

I woke up to the smell of pancakes and Y/N's perfume. Where was I? I quickly got up. I was in Y/N's bed, how did I even get here. I looked to my side and nobody else was in the bed, but I noticed two polaroid pictures on Y/N's side of the bed. Yelena sleeping. Kiss kiss fall in love. What the heck? We kissed and someone took a picture. All I remembered was talking, crying, eating and smoking weed. "Are you up?" Y/N asked and saw me looking at the pictures. "You were high." She/he/they said and turned away. "Sorry." I muttered. "It's fine it was an accident." Y/N said sweetly. An accident. I must of made her/him/them uncomfortable. "What did I say?" I asked. Y/N bit her/his/their lip and gave me an awkward look. I must of said something really dumb. "All you said was that you liked me and then we kissed. That's all." She/he/they said. 'Hah I told you.' my inner voice said. "Did I make you uncomfortable?" I asked. If she/he/they say yes I'm leaving this apartment through the window. "No I quite enjoyed it." was all she/he/they said. ENJOYED IT? Y/N enjoyed kissing me. I just blushed and hid my face in a pillow. "People do things they don't mean to do when they're high and you just happen to be one of them." Y/N said and set out plates on the table. "What if I meant it?" I asked. Y/N froze and looked at me. "But you don't remember." she/he/they said softly. "But I mean it." I said smugly. "I even take this picture of us every where." I said and pulled out the picture of us hugging and put it with the other pictures. "Oh Yelena if only you knew what you said." She/he/they said and chuckled. "Tell me." I said. "Why?" Y/N asked. Is this idiot playing hard to get. "Why not?" I asked. "Well you asked me if I've ever been in love. And I told you I was falling in love with a girl, but she probably doesn't like me. And you said you were falling in love with me." Y/N's words were barely audible. I said that, that was most certainly my inner voice speaking or the weed. Silence was all there was. I couldn't bring myself to say 'oh hey Y/N yeah I really like you, but I don't really know what to do so I play classical music and tell you my problems.' I decided it wasn't fair on Y/N it wasn't fair for me to kiss her/him/them and act as if it never happened. "Sorry." I said and ate my waffle. "What are you apologizing for?" she/he/they asked. "For just kissing you and acting like it's nothing." I said. "Kisses don't always mean something." That stung, because I meant it. "Who took the pictures?" I asked completely avoiding the topic of the kiss. "I took the picture of you sleeping and Annie took the other one." She/he/they said with a fake smile. "Do you like movies?" I asked. "Which art student doesn't like movies." Y/N and this time her/his/their smile was real. "Lets have a movie night today." I beamed. "Yes and we should just vibe here." Y/N said. "What song are you listening to?" I asked her/him/them. I only noticed music playing now. "Oh this song. It's called we fell in love in October by girl in red." Y/N said and passed the phone to me. It made me feel kind of lonely. And oh my it was October. Like oh my gosh listening to love songs with someone you want, but can't have so ideal Yelena. 'Y/N still loves you.' My inner voice said. Did she/he/they tell you that? Probably not. The song ended and we ended up listening to Sweater Weather. "We should go to the beach." Y/N said. "I don't want to get sunburnt." I said. "What a joy kill, but I agree." She/he/they said. "We have a sheltered pool on the twelfth floor so we can invite our group to come swim." was all she/he/they said. "Can we quit being all so awkward and just be comfortable around each other." I groaned. "I'd be more comfortable if you'd stop messing around with my feelings. I never know if it's a joke or real." She/he/they shouted. Y/N never raised her/his/their voice at me. "I know just as much as you when it comes to how I feel." I said. "Then figure out your feelings before making a move on anyone." She/he/they snapped. "I think I should go." I said. "I think so too." Y/N said. I didn't need to hear those words that day. It made me sad. I grabbed my small bag and left without saying goodbye. I even forgot that picture of us that day.  Five Months had passed since that day and me and Y/N never spoke. She/he/they sat with Sasha, Jean and Connie now. My group never spoke of her/him/them since and we only ever saw each other in lectures.