Chapter 33🦋

With you gone will I ever be able to feel butterflies again?🦋

Y/N's POV:
I woke up in my apartment bed with Luna curled up and sleeping by my side. My memories from yesterday came flooding into my brain. "Yelena." I heard myself say aloud. I need to go say goodbye again if she hasn't left already. It felt surreal I wasn't sure if I was dreaming or if it was real. I slowly got out of my bed making sure not to wake Luna. I brushed my teeth and threw an outfit on and grabbed my keys and phone and immediately left my apartment. "Hello babes." Mrs Launder said. "Oh hello." I said and rushed off. She had a confused look on her face, but she didn't ask questions. I knew that walking or even running to the university would take too long so I called an Uber. Lucky for me there was one in my area and I was at the university within minutes. All these familiar faces were greeting me, but my mind was too clouded. The only thing I wanted to do was see Yelena. I ran to here dorm and pushed open the door. The room was empty. Just plain walls, a bed, drawers and a desk. It's like she was never here. No way it can't be real! There was something left on the top of the drawer. I reached out to grab it and then someone said. "Y/N?" I turned around and it was only Annie and Mikasa. "Oh hey guys." I said. "You look sick Y/N are you okay?" Mikasa asked stoically. "I'm fine I just came here and it was empty." I said and stood in front of the drawer so they wouldn't see the letter. "Apparently Yelena and Onyankopon left this morning." Annie said and stared into my eyes to figure me out. "Yeah she told me she was leaving." I said slightly sadly. "Then why are you here?" Annie question and cocked her head to the side. "I just wanted to see if she might have still been here." I said. "Well Y/N we know you cared for Yelena and um we'll see you later." Mikasa said awkwardly. "Call me later." Annie said and walked off with Mikasa. I let out a sigh and lifted the letter up of the drawer. It had 'Y/N' written on the front in Yelena's fancy handwriting. I sat on the bed and tore it open.

To my dearest Y/N,
I knew that you would come back to see me in the morning and I'm probably gone. I know this isn't the last time we'll see each other. I'll try to text and call you as much as possible. I know that we couldn't do all the things we wanted to do, but one day we'll reunite and do everything together just like we planned. If you're ever feeling lost you should visit 1345 Merrisprinkle Villa. I know this is a horrible letter and so awfully random. And check in the last drawer I left you something you might like
Love from
Yelena

I felt tears clouding my eyes, but before they could fall I quickly wiped them away. I checked the last drawer and it was a necklace of (insert favourite animal). She remembered how much I wanted this necklace last night. I'll always wear it.

5 months later
"Hey cheer up." Annie said stoically. "How can I cheer up when Yelena never texts or calls and if she does it's short meaningless messages." I groaned. "Maybe it's time to get over her." Mikasa said. "I'm with Mikasa on that one." Annie said and crossed her arms over her chest. "This is affecting your grades Y/N and you're a good artist don't let something like this ruin it for you!" Pieck exclaimed and held my hand to her chest. "Onyankopon is always online how come Yelena isn't?" I sulked. "Y/N!" Everyone exclaimed. "Sorry Y/N I've got to get to class, I'll see you around." Pieck said and gave me a gentle smile. "We've also got band practice, talk later." Annie said and left with Mikasa. These past few months I've been so messy and unorganised and I just ruin things. 'You have the potential to be successful in your art career.' My inner voice said to me. But. 'But what? You can't waste your life on some girl you knew for two years' My inner voice groaned. The thought of Yelena made me cry again. I really needed to pull myself together. Everyday felt like a struggle. I left my bed and went to my drawer where I kept the picture of Yelena and I and the letter she wrote me the day she left. 'She's probably with someone else anyways.' My inner voice said which made me feel worse. Would it get better? Would I feel like this forever? Would I ever stop feeling this way? So many questions and no answers. I think I'll never get better.