Chapter 7

"I told you, leave out the formalities. We just came to talk." Latif pointed out.

"You brought a convoy with 10 security details. You didn't expect me to not be formal about our meeting." Tawfiq replied.

Karim was sitting by his dad and Noor was by her father. She was looking at her hands on her laps.

Why didn't she call to tell him she was coming?

"That must be your heir?" Latif looked at Karim.

"Yes. That's my son. Karim."

Noor's ears perked up.

He said yes not yeah.
So it meant he could be formal if needed.

Karim gave him a small smile.

"My Noor tells me you went to that unnecessary Academy together." Latif arched a brow.

"Yes. We did."

"She wasted four years at an academy she clearly didn't need. Now she's still in my house not married. And refusing proposals."

"Dad!" Noor exclaimed with wide eyes.

"Am I lying, dear Noor?" Latif gave her a crooked smile before looking at Karim.

"Do you know of any reason why she would refuse so many very good proposals?"

Karim looked at Noor for a second before looking at Sheikh Latif.

"I can't tell. She must have her reasons."

"How can you go to an academy and take first place without knowing the benefits of accepting a marriage proposal that comes with benefits?" Latif shrugged.

"Dad. Please. Stop embarrassing me." Noor gritted lowly to her father.

"It's my job to embarrass you." Latif laughed.

"Fine but not here. Please."

"You took first place?" Tawfiq smiled at her.

"Yes." Noor answered with a nod.

"She beat your son, Tawfiq." Latif added with a chuckle.

"We were tied in most of the other courses but Etiquette isn't Karim's strong point. He's good but he keeps forgetting himself." Noor added with a smile.

"I take partial blame." Tawfiq chuckled.

Yeah... you should. Karim thought.

"I keep telling you to homeschool your children. Noor is the result of rigorous home training." Latif added proudly.

"Somehow she landed in King William's Academy." Tawfiq arched a brow.

"She's persistent. I had to give in. Daughters." Latif shrugged.

"Can we get back to the reason we're here?" Noor looked at his father.

"Oh yes. Yes. Your proposal. I've received it from various countries before. And it always ends up benefiting them. I can't have that."

"I said before and I'm saying it again...it will be a shared benefit."

"Dubai is already a big tourist city. Why do you need my country?"

"Your currency. It's strong. Dubai is expanding and I'd like it to expand more. You're the only country in the Middle East that requires a visa for Emiratis to travel to. And for Kuwaitis as well. I want us to be partners. Travel freely."

"Visas will help give your embassy money. We even get a share in that."

"Yes. But people like to spend. Especially tourists. By the time they leave, they've spent excess funds they didn't plan on, which sums up to more than the money for a visa. Way more and you know it."