Chapter 58

"Here." Karim handed the open bottled water to Zaira.

"Thank you." She took 2 sips before closing it back up.

"You stayed here overnight?" She asked.

"Yes. I'm not sleeping in a bed while you're left in a four walled cell. I can't. I'd rather stay here." Karim revealed.

"Bennet said they'd send me to court and I'd probably face the death penalty."

"Bennet says a lot of stuff he doesn't know." Karim was opening up a packed breakfast for her. He was only allowed to see her few times during the day. When he brought her food and when their lawyers needed to speak with her. But other than that he was barely able to see her for more than an hour straight and it made his chest squeeze tightly.

"He said I should talk with you. Tell you to consider the plea deal. That I'd still be alive at least and you'd not go through public scrutiny for defending me." Her voice was small.

"And what did you say?"

"Nothing. Tony told me not to say anything but I thought maybe he was...right. I don't care about dying but you'll be...your family will be..."

"Zaira." Karim dropped the fork he had removed from the plastic bag and took hold of her face. "Do you trust me?" He asked while he stared down at her.

Zaira only nodded.

"I said I'd get you out of here. And I meant it. Don't start doubting now. Bennet just wants you to sign so he wins. Whether we go to court or not doesn't matter. I'll sit right by your side. I don't care about anything anyone says. You're the only one I care about. Only you. You're my everything and more. Don't you ever forget that."

Zaira pursed her lips together.

"Okay."

"Now eat whatever this food is. They wouldn't let me bring you anything from outside so I had to get you something from their cafeteria again."

Zaira scrunched her face up at the food in front of her jokingly but still started to dig into it. She was famished.

Karim stood by her and watched her eat like the obsessed man he was.Occasionally running his hands through her hair. God he loved this woman.

~

"Where's Tony?" Karim asked after he realized he hadn't seen him in a few hours. He had been sitting outside the room Zaira was in for a while only going out a while earlier to get something to eat. It was the 3rd day and so far nothing had happened.

"He said he had to meet up with the king." Karim looked to Tony's assistant.

"My dad is here?" Karim hadn't heard from him since he left home before him.

"I believe so. But I think they had to settle some stuff first so he went to him. They might be here in a bit."

Karim nodded and quickly texted his father.

You're in France? What happened?

Don't worry. We'll be there soon. -T

Karim could feel a weight being lifted from his chest. His dad wouldn't be coming if it wasn't because he had something that could help.
He had told Zaira to have hope because he had hope in his family. They'd pull mountains for each other.

**

Karim stood up as he saw his father and his Uncle walking towards him and...laughing...
They seemed too calm.

He noticed Tony was behind him them with a man who kept looking around like a ghost would pop out any second to kill him.

Wait wasn't that...
His father and his Uncle were now right in front of him before he could say anything else.