Chapter 9

"You sure about this, T?" Dean asked.

Tawfiq was in his office with Karim and they were having a video call with Dean and Bella.

Karim wanted to find his child as soon as possible and for that he needed help. Dean and Bella could get access to CIA database to help them out in case she was in the system.

"Yes. This is what Marilyn sent to Karim." Tawfiq picked up the printed picture of Zaira holding a baby. "See?"

"It could be someone else's child."

"We thought of that. But it could also be Karim's." Tawfiq explained.

"You think she left because of the child? Maybe to protect it?"

"She was safer here. The child would have been safer here."

"Well, she was kidnapped from there..." Dean quirked a brow.

"She was the reason behind it. Knowingly or not."

Karim stepped in.

"I need to find them, Uncle Dean. I need to get my child back from Z. Please."

Dean inhaled and exhaled.

"You're asking me to use classified intelligence and government resources to find someone for my own personal gain. I could get suspended or worse...lose my job..." Dean smirked.

"Isn't that what you dream of everyday?" Tawfiq sighed.

"Every single day! I'll get to it. But don't get your hopes up. She could be doing everything to hide and if that's true, it will be impossible to find her. I'll try my best though." Dean nodded.

"Thanks Dean."

"Ahh, don't mention it. I'm relying on this to lose my job."

"You know Aaron loves you." Tawfiq smirked.

"If I'm caught, I'm giving you up to him."

"I know you will." Tawfiq chuckled.

"Bye, T. Karim." Dean said finally.

"Bye, Dean." Tawfiq said for both of them before ending the call.

"So, now what?" Karim asked.

"We could get a PI but that would be disclosing a lot. Apart from the fact that you were married. It will also mean people might find out you have a child with an estranged wife. A lot of things could get out even if we used a highly private investigator agency." Tawfiq pointed out.
"And..."

"We can't trust anyone." Karim ended.

"Yes. We just have to leave it to Dean and Salim to find her."

"I feel like I should be doing something." Karim frowned.

"As long as you don't have the slightest knowledge of where she is now, you can't do anything." Tawfiq shrugged.

"How did you take it? I'm losing my mind here." Karim chuckled nervously.

He wanted to find Z as early as today and get his child from her just as quickly. He standing there doing nothing was making his body itch.

"Take what?" Tawfiq arched a brow.

"Not knowing where mama and I were?" Karim asked.

"Well, I thought you were dead so that's a whole other story. But luckily my pen recorder was with your mom and at that moment when I found out you two could be alive, she used it, I guess." Tawfiq relaxed further back into his seat.