Chapter 31

"You're here." Tawfiq put the files on his  table away.

"Yes. You did say you wanted to see me."

"Yes. We wanted to see you."

"We?"

" Yes. Naima's coming in a few minutes."

Noor nodded.

"And you're sure you're not going to ground me?"

"I'm beginning to think there's a reason I'm supposed to ground you."

"What reason?" Noor shrugged.

"What I don't know won't kill me." Tawfiq added.

The door to the villa opened revealing Naima with Maher in her hands.

"I'm sorry. He wouldn't let me go. For some reason he's attached to me today. Samia's gone to the hospital with Karim. And Zaira has locked herself in her room. Poor boy is lonely."

"And doesn't that make you happy, love?" Tawfiq chuckled which earned him a glare from Naima.

He took his tablet from his desk drawer and opened a random game.

"Come, Maher." Tawfiq took him from Naima and sat him on his office chair. He handed the tablet to him and that's all it took to get him hooked.

"Now we can talk. Let's sit."

They all moved to the makeshift living room in the villa.

"How was yesterday?"

"It was supposed to be fun until Karim and Zaira got stuck in the ride." Noor laughed.

Tawfiq frowned.

"What? How's that possible? And why didn't you call me? If it was dangerous why would they let you on it."

"I wasn't on it."

"Where were you?" Naima asked.

"In the car."

"Weren't you with them?" Tawfiq was lost.

"You need to tell me who the management of the park are. They can't be using rides that aren't safe. Something could have happened to you."

"Oh don't worry. It was a safe ride. Old and boring but safe."

"You said Karim and Zaira were stuck in it..."

"I told the ride coordinator to do that." Noor grinned.

Naima and Tawfiq blinked.

"What do you mean you told the coordinator to do that?"

"I told him to start the ride and continue it until I asked him to stop."

"Why?" Tawfiq scrunched his face in confusion.

"Oh come on. You gave birth to that long pole of a man. At least you two should know he's clearly still in love with Zaira."

Silence.

"Noor...

Naima started off with a sad face.

"Oh come on. I got over it yesterday after those two were chewing each others face off." Noor made a look of disgust.

"They...kissed?" Tawfiq asked slowly.

"That's what chewing each others face off means, right?"

"Noor, you should have stopped them. You shouldn't have even locked them in alone. If anything, you two were supposed to be locked in together. That's why you went along with Zaira. So you'd not be alone."