Chapter 8

"Oh. My. Allah. Ma Shaa Allah. Wow! You've got such a beautiful beach sitting right behind your house." Noor exclaimed.

She looked around and saw no one.

"And it's private!" She cried out.

"Well you don't expect it to be public." Karim smiled.

"But aren't you scared?"

"Of what? The water?" Karim questioned.

"Yes. What if there's a tsunami or something. Y'all gonna die first." Noor answered.

"Y'all gonna? Ivan did a good number on you."

Noor frowned.

"My mom's been flicking my forehead these days because I keep saying stuff like that. And right after I finished a course on being prim and proper." She puckered her lips.

"Should have stuck with me more than Ivan. He's a bad influence." Karim chuckled.

"And don't worry about the sea. Look." Karim pointed to a small building at the other side.

"What's that?"

"There are Tsunami Warning Systems there and experts who check very regularly for any sign of tsunamis. Besides the fact that tsunamis are very rare in these regions. I would say we're safe." Karim explained.
"Scared you're going to lose me?" Karim whispered quietly and lowered himself down to her level a bit, looking right at her.

"Ah! Why are you so close? Pervert. Move away." Noor complained and palmed Karim's face to push him away.

Karim laughed.

"You're getting red, Noor. Are you feeling hot?" Karim teased.

Noor scrunched her face.

"Karim! Go away!" Noor exclaimed loudly.

"I'm going ahead." She muttered and walked down the stone stairs to the sand at the lower ground.

Karim laughed and followed her.

Noor stared in awe at the sea in front of her. It was beautiful.

"Ahhh I want to feel the sand." She said excitedly.

She bent down and began to unbuckle her sandals. She removed them in a second and dropped them into Karim's unexpecting arms.

"Here!"

Noor screamed in delight and run straight to the water with her bare feet.

"Wait! There are..." Karim wasn't able to finish speaking when he noticed Noor running back in fear.

"Crab...crab...crab!" She run behind him.

"I was about to tell you. They don't pinch but your great fear for them won't let you agree with me." Karim chuckled.

Noor was afraid of crabs and lobsters. Well anything with pincers. She wouldn't even eat them in fear they'd awaken and pinch their way out.

"Did they tell you they won't pinch?!" Noor cried out from behind him holding unto his arm.

"Well I've lived here maybe my whole life. I've picked some up before and from what I know, they won't pinch."

"You're lying."

"It's true. Come on. If you want to see the sea water closely, you have to get past them." Karim moved so she'd come by him.

He bent down to remove his own shoes and pull up his trousers before dropping one shoe into Noor's crossed arms.