Chapter 44

"I love the sun." Zaira inhaled the beach air.

"There's a sun back home." Karim retorted.
"This sun is better." Zaira argued back.

"Please call me if you need anything."

"You're not coming with us?" Zaira raised a brow in question.

"I'll be staying at one of the hotels nearby."

"You can get one by us. Why go so far?"

"The beach houses are too big to rent out alone and I'd really not want to be in the same house as you. It's your trip. You deserve to enjoy it alone."

"I tried to change his mind on the flight but he clearly already booked the hotel ahead of plan. He does have a point though. I'd be weirded out if I had to stay in the same house as him and his fiancee too."

Zaira nodded in understanding.
"You have my number on speed dial. Just text me if anything feels wrong and I'll be there." Ali bowed his head slightly before turning to leave the couple alone.

"Where will we be staying?" Zaira looked around the beach with resort houses littered about.

"There's a secluded house behind that cliff over there. Had to go through a lot of trouble to get it you know." Karim pushed his hair behind his ear acting like a girl.

"Awww come here let me give you a kiss for doing so much. You're so tired, aren't you?" Zaira palmed his hair as he brought himself closer to her level pointing at his cheeks.

"Aww you want me to kiss you there? Here." Zaira gave him a chaste kiss on his cheek which put a big smile on his face.

"You could have gotten any random house though. I don't mind."

"Well it's all fun and games until one person recognises you. Then goodbye vacation."

"But you always go on trips to the beach with your family. You should be used to people noticing you." Karim took both their suitcases and they began to walk to the reception hall to get their key card.

"Not Bali. I've actually never been here before."

"Because people might recognize you? You're famous. That's what it comes with." Zaira shrugged.

"It doesn't matter if they do. It matters when they end up swarming you and ruining your vacation." Karim explained. "Oh I can't wait till everyone knows you. We'll see what you'll say then." Karim laughed.

"My face isn't memorable." 

"We'll see about that."

"So your family just rents a whole resort to be alone?"

"Not all the time. We have an island so most...

"Woah woah woah...you have an island? Like you own an island?" Zaira looked at him in disbelief.

"I sometimes think you forget my parents are rich."

"But an island. That's too much." Zaira scrunched her face.

"You're starting to sound like my mother." Karim chuckled. "She'd be proud."

They got to the reception and Zaira stood by as Karim spoke with the man behind the desk to get them their key card.

~

"This place is amazing."

"You're amazing." Karim grinned stupidly.

"Did you find that line online." Zaira shook her head in disappointment.

"You know what I want to do now?" Zaira asked.