Chapter 46

"Samia!" Karim held back his tears as he picked her up holding her tightly to him.

This wasn't happening. This wasn't happening. He kept chanting it. Maybe it was all a dream. But even he knew better.

Karim pulled away just to scan if she was hurt. She seemed okay until he noticed the raised skin on her neck. It looked like fingernails marks.

"Princess. Are you okay?" Karim asked softly. He couldn't scare her. She didn't need to know what was going on. At least not yet.

Karim looked to see his siblings standing by the van and Maher asleep in Aziz's arms.

Aziz opened his mouth to explain but Samia beat him to it.

"I'm fine, daddy. One of the older kids scratched me."

Karim's gaze hardened.

"What?" His voice was deadly low.

How could that happen? How could the teachers sit there for a child to be hurt? He felt his blood boil.

"She said she saw on her phone that you weren't my daddy. I said that's a lie. Because you're my daddy. Everyone knows that. And she kept asking if you stole me. " She didn't even seem like she was phased by it. She wholeheartedly believed it was a lie.

Karim felt his heart sink to the depths of the Earth. How was he going to explain everything to a 5 year old soon to be 6. On one hand she was too young to understand the whole truth and on the other she was old enough to know what it meant when someone wasn't your father.

"That's why she hurt you?" Karim frowned deeply.

"She actually jumped her, your highness." Aziz spoke.

Karim looked from Aziz to Samia.
She was looking elsewhere. She clearly knew what she did.

"When I got there, her teacher and the older girl were in the teacher's office. It seemed as she kept pushing for answers the little Sheikha grew annoyed and jumped at her and began to hit her. She only gained that scratch but I can't say the same about her opponent."

"Samia." Karim sighed.

Why was she like Shamsiya so much?

"I didn't mean to. But she kept saying you weren't my daddy. I didn't like that." The little girl frowned.

He couldn't even reprimand her. What could he even say?
She was right? So she shouldn't have beaten her up?

It took a few seconds for Samia to break her frown and look at Karim.

"You're my daddy, right?"

Karim felt the breath leave his body.

He couldn't even find an answer.

"Your father will always be your father. It doesn't matter what anyone thinks. Some people just don't understand what you two have. But they will one day " Zaira appeared by him and smiled at Samia.

Samia nodded in understanding.

"I'm sorry for fighting, daddy." She apologised and placed her head on his neck.

"It's okay sweetheart. I should be thanking you. For defending me. I'm so proud of you, darling. But don't fight anymore. I don't like you getting hurt." Karim brushed her hair.

Habiba walked towards him with a small smile.
"I'll take her in and clean her up." She offered.

The twins and Daneen locked eyes with him. They didn't seem shocked as much or they probably didn't know but it was impossible they hadn't seen the news yet.