Twenty

With the twins~~~

They stayed silent, thinking about the memory they just saw.  Like said before, they have already gotten over their fears, but are just more on edge. They weren't exactly thinking about that per say, but how often they were alone during storms. There were times where the three were around, but those were few in number, and they were usually drowning in work, to busy to do anything, and the twins made sure that they were always quiet, as to not disturb the empires. America would always go in a daze, getting a lot of flashbacks, and Canada would sob into his chest silently, freaking out a lot as he tried but failed to keep those memories out of his head. It, obviously, really sucked, and I didn't even need to say that. ((Welp. I did anyways-))

They stopped and stared at the void, having expression of annoyance, boredom or melancholy, or all three. I mean, who wouldn't be when the rest of the world has to witness what you've gone through, just for them to fix the way they treat and see you? To say bluntly, it wasn't fun. The two were snapped out of their thoughts when the memory started, an a sigh escaped them both.

The memory started, and immediately Matthew was looking around, seeming worried. After a few minutes, he sighed and grabbed a glass, filling it, and went upstairs and into his and Alfred's room.

Once inside, Alfred could be seen, but he obviously wasn't feeling or looking to good. He seemed to be a slight yellow, and looked exhausted. He was propped up with a few pillows, but looked close to passing out. Before he could fall asleep, Matthew went over and basically shoved the glass into his hands, with the demand of, "Drink it." America nodded after a few minutes of letting himself wake back up and took another short few minutes until actually starting on finishing the water.

After he was finished, he looked a bit better, but still very sickly. Canada took the glass and set it on the table near the two. "How're you feeling now?" He asked. America shrugged and smiled slightly, but it was obviously forced. (He hasn't learned yet.) "A bit better.. could be better though, but I can't ask for too much. At least it's survivable." Matthew frowned at that and shook.his head. "Survivable? It's that bad?" "Mattie, I've been through worse. I'll live. Besides, how bad can a little fever be?"

"What is happening?" One of the countries asked, and they basically read all of the others minds. "I just searched it, it says here that... There was many outbreaks of the Yellow Fever in the US in the 1690s..." Kiku said, and there was a chorus of "oh"s and "ah"s around the room. "Well, that tells us the time we were in.." Arthur mumbled, but it was to himself, so nobody really heard.

((Kiku has the powers of GoOgLe at his disposal! Also, don't ask what he searched up, I honestly don't know but the with the power of FaNfIcTiOn, we shall never know~- I'll shut up now-))

Canada shook his head again, but now with a very small smile. "It can be bad, really bad, you idiot." America 'hmphed' at that, but seemed amused. "Sheesh... MeAnIe-" He then rolled over, with his back facing Canada, who just rolled his eyes at him, now smiling slightly wider. "I can't handle you sometimes.." Alfred smirked at this. "Ah, but you somehow do. And, I know that you can't do anything 'bout it, saying there's no WAY TO STOP ME!" He basically screamed at the end, making Matthew almost double down in laughter at that. America smiled fondly at him, and even though he was basically burning, tired, and slightly nauseous, he didn't care. Not in the slightest. That was good, but also really, really bad.

The rest of the day, which was showed in pictures making a slideshow type of thing, went as followed: Matthew is worried for Alfred, Al would do something dumb and would make Matt forget about his worry temporarily, and Al would be basically dying on the inside silently behind a smile, and repeat. ((Ah... So much opportunities for angst.... Later though, sadly-))