Twelve

With the countries~~~

When everyone woke up, Arthur and Francis were found in the kitchen, bickering like normal. Their fighting actually woke up most countries, so this will mean that they were a bit (more then that) annoyed, so things can escalate really quickly. The two soon stopped fighting, from intimidation from sleep deprived and tired countries, which were most, as they were all curious and a bit anxious about what they would soon see.

After breakfast, they made it to the main room and as they were getting ready, a memory started to play, catching most off guard by how early it started.

In the morning, the two woke up in their bedroom, although not remembering walking there. Alfred rolled off the bed, more awake then Matthew was, and slowly walked out of the room, looking around cautiously. He looked around the house, arriving at the empires rooms last, not thinking they were there.

He was at Arthur's door, and slowly walked in, not really caring about knocking. He found someone in the bed, and walked up to inspect, before finally realizing that his colonizer was there. He quickly beamed and ran out of the room quietly, forgetting about his previous anger towards the three, and went into his own room. This startled Matthew, who looked at him confused. "What happened? Why are you smiling?" He asked, and Alfred only smiled more. "They're here! I saw Iggy in his bed! I don't know about Papa or Papi but I know he's here!"

This instantly perked up Matthew, as he walked out and to the others rooms, with Alfred following close behind. The two silently opened the door to Francis's room, and saw a person lying in the bed. They both smiled brightly, but left and went to Antonio's room next to see the same thing. They then went downstairs, and turned to each other. "Does this mean they'll stay? And, maybe, they can bring the others (Romano, Mexico, and Monaco as well i think-) too?!" Matthew said, worried then going excited. Alfred thought and nodded with a smile. "I think they could've finished all their work, since it's been a half a year at least, and I would like more company." He sad with a happy smile and nod.

Some nations frowned at what Matthew had said, disliking that he thought that they would leave and never come back, but it was understandable.

It was quiet before Matthew grabbed Alfred's hand and dragged him to the kitchen. "Come on! We have to make breakfast to welcome them back! What do you think they would like?" He said, looking around. Alfred thought for a second, before smiling more. "I think a breakfast sandwich for Spain, some coffee for all three, some bread and jam for France, and eggs and bread for England!" He said, going up to the pantry to find the ingredients. ((It's modern i know, but idk what else to do-))

Matthew smiled with a small nod, and started to help cook, and the reason the two had so much food is because the three would send them money overseas, to help them out a bit, and it was a lot of money. After an hour or so, the two had finished and was really proud of what they had made. At this time, the three were just barely waking up, and smelled something really good. They stumbled out of their room, and down the stairs to be met with more of the great smell, which smelled homey and comforting, and gave the house a calming atmosphere.

Once the three walked into the kitchen, they were met with the two smiling to themselves proudly, and a table full of breakfast foods. After a few seconds, Alfred had noticed their presence, and got Matt's attention, before they smiled up at them. "Good morning!" They both said simultaneously, snapping the powers out of their daze. They were drooling over the food, but would deny that for years to come. The three greeted them in their languages, and never looked away, making the two laugh. "You can eat if you want-" That was enough, as they didn't notice their hunger until then, and completely cut off Matthew, as they dove into the breakfast, making the two laugh even more.

Only after a couple of short minutes, all the food was gone, as the twins had calmed down, and was talking to each other, a bit worried for if they made something incorrectly. Matthew had cooked the French side, and Alfred did the Spanish, with both doing the English. After a few minutes of silence, which wasn't really awkward, Antonio started to speak. "Well, gracias for the breakfast ninos! It was very kind of you, and you two did well!" He said happily, though confused on why they did it, which he figure the other two were confused as well.

The twins blushed a bit from the complement and nodded, as Francis thought for a minute. "Well, why did you make us breakfast, mon fils? It was very kind, but I'm curious." He said, as the other two elders nodded. "Ah, well, me and Mattie thought it would be a good welcome home gift! Since you have been at sea and working so hard." Alfred explained, using his hands a bit, as Matthew agreed. The three nodded, and thanked them once again, and looked around afterwards, a bit awkwardly. The twins noticed and looked at them confused. "What's wrong?" Matthew asked quietly, tilting his ead a bit. "Oh, nothing is wrong, I think this is true for these two as well, but.. we came to check in on you two."

The twins only looked confused, not understanding their point of what the Brit said. This made the once cozy house change into that of some tension, as the empires were having a hard time explaining. "Well, you see ninos, we have a lot to do with Europe, and we...uh.." Spain tried, and like Arthur, trailed off, not having the heart to flat out say it. The twins still waited, but were slowly starting to understand, still lost. "So... Your going to leave again...?" Matthew asked quietly, hoping they won't, making the three feel guilty and Alfred's blood boil. It was quiet for a longer time then before, before the three slowly nodded, not looking towards the two out of pure guilt, as they knew that this was bad, but didn't know what else to do.

Matthew teared up a bit, and looked away, not being able to handle it. This was the tipping point, as Alfred glared at the three. "What do you mean your leaving again?! For how long this time? Months?!?" He yelled, catching the four off guard, but Arthur came back to reality the fastest. "Look, we know it's not right, but we can't do anything about it-" "You can! You can at least try to do something! It's not right in the slightest!" He yelled, starting to tear up, angry and sad at the same time.

Arthur sighed, annoyed. "Young man, don't yell at me, now I know we have been gone for a long time-" "LONG TIME?! This has been happening for half a year! You come and go, introducing us to you other colonies then leaving us!" He was now crying at this point, as Matthew, Antonio and Francis were too shocked to intervene. Arthur growled quietly, getting more and more annoyed with his actions. "We have a lot to do, as empires we have to manage out colonies." He said, going up to Alfred, who only glared. "I do not appreciate you attitude right now either, you were fine only a few minutes go as well. I understand why you can be angry but-" "But what?! Tell me! Please, I want to know your excuse for leaving you children to fend for themselves!" He growled, making Arthur clench his fists. "Stop interupting me. There is a lot to do and we tried to come here to visit, but can't. Also you are acting like a child." He spat, making Alfred grow even more angry. "I am a child! I child who has been alone for a half a year! A child having to fend for himself and brother! I have a right to be angry and be acting like this!" He yelled at England, who at this point, had enough and a loud slapping sound rang throughout the house.

Silence. All was silent and still, and the tension was unbearable. Alfred was now staring at a wall, thanks to the force, and tears quickly filled his eyes from the pain. He slowly reached up and touched his cheek, feeling the burn. Arthur backed up, not feeling remorse, and looked at him with an angry expression, obviously angry at being yelled at. Alfred slowly turned to him, looking at him dead in the eye, which was pretty unsettling. "So, after what we endured, you do that? Fine, so be it England." He said in a passive aggressive way, before going up to his room.

1521 words

((Ah it feels good to be back! I hope you like the longer chapter, and don't hate me for that move I did just then, but I thought, "hEy WhY nOt?" Anyways, im debating if I should start another story and write both this one and that, to make things more complicated but interesting. Also debating on publishing a story on my ideas, and then have all y'all vote on ideas ya like. Also, tell me if I'm too fast with the story! I think I am but I don't know QuQ. Well, anyways buh byeeeee!))