Prologue

Today seemed to be one of those days. Not a bad day really, but just a day. Nothing spectacular, you could say.

Up at the top levels of the UN, and after going through the painful amounts of security, IDs and permission slips galore, was a room full to the brim of individuals causing a level of chaos that was comparable to a train crash. These individuals are Personifications, or more commonly, just the Nations.

And this is where it becomes 'just a day'. Not like any of the nation's actions were out of the norm — good? For a certain German's mental stability and for the poor room that seemed to just remake itself after every thrown chair, every broken window or wall, every fight a nation got in, no. Not at all.

But, it was normal.

Mostly.

You see, among all the havoc and chaos from the other nations, one- Wait, two nations were idly watching the hell unleash. Both blondes, both around the same height and age, and both seeming out of it, or simply just tired. This wouldn't be anything too surprising, and for one it really wasn't but for the other nation...

It was a sight to behold. The United States of America was being quiet? Only talking to the one nearest him, snickering and giggling about whatever to the Canadian nation of, well, Canada, periodically.

The American just seemed tired. Normally he had 20 or so different kinds of coffee to keep him awake and bounce off the walls, or leave a ringing in the ears, but today was a day, and the morning wasn't all that great for the teen. The transparent brother, however, seemed fine, if not a tiny bit fatigued too.

The conversation the rest of the room was having, however, turned to an unwinnable argument between quite literally everyone, and why everybody was so keen on joining in was for the sake of pride and strange self-assurance.

The question was; "Who had it worse, history wise?". There was no right answer, but every nation seemed very adamant on it being themself. Age, war, economic struggles, along with other traumas the nations had suffered through were all being thrown around in a fruitless fight.

Every nation had something to say, except for, oddly enough, the American and Canadian. Canada could be simply keeping America away from the raging battle, but he didn't seem interested in it at all. Just putting bets on the lives and well beings of certain nations, since it seemed to be going down that route. History was a touchy subject, after all. Nobody liked hearing or recalling the horrors of the past they had been through, so it became a very emotionally-tied war of words. And sometimes slaps, kicks, chairs, or whatever a nation could get their hands on. Including other nations. Vicious, truly ferocious.

After a good while of sitting around and doing nothing, the two felt a presence behind them. They simultaneously turned to the person, both raising an eyebrow, at the thickly eyebrowed ex-empire himself.

"Oh, hey Iggy!" America said with a smile, as the English nation rose a caterpillar. "That is the first thing I've heard you say all day. Thought you were asleep or something." The American laughed, shrugging. "I'm honestly about to. I'm tiiiiiiired bro, and all of this just ain't helpin'." Tilting his head and shifting his weight to one leg, England questioned; "Oh really? Thought you'd be in that mess with everybody. Sort of why I thought something killed you or whatever."

"Nah dude, this just.. Isn't it, y'know? Never really one to be all obsessed about history I guess." Canada could be seen by the American nodding, hugging the white bear closer to his chest, watching the Englishman with mild uncomfort. "Strange. Since you're always on about yourself, I figured you'd be all about it. Especially if it makes you look better."

The blue eyed teen averted said eyes, his smile wearing down a bit. "No, we'd just rather not talk about it. I mean, it... really wouldn't be of use here..." The quiet Canadian finally spoke, filling in for his twin, who was clearly uncomfortable now too.

"I suppose." England conceded, somehow hearing his former colony over all the ruckus. "Pretty young to have anything substantial aside from what we all know." Call it bluntness or agitation, the twins didn't take that too well.

"Dude- No, jus- no." America said, pushing his glasses up onto his forehead and rubbing his face tiredly. "That ain't it Iggy." The Brit seemed confused. "What? Am I wrong? The both of you are really young, I can't think of much happening after that Revolution of yours."

The American felt the need to just smash something. But, Canada wouldn't have that, so he just sighed deeply. "Yeah, you are wrong Iggy. For both of us." "Mhm..." Canada hummed, nodding. "We might be younger countries than the rest of you but that doesn't mean our pasts were easy."

"Also, if you call 400 and some years young..." Canada mumbled, shrugging. "It's not just when we became sovereign, you know." The emerald eyes of the standing nation twitched, as he nodded slowly. "Yes, I am aware. Compared to my lifetime of, oh I don't know, 1000 odd years, you both are young." Canada just sighed and stopped talking, shaking his head.

The American made a 'this is getting nowhere' face, before rolling his eyes and groaning. "Whateverrrrrr... Doesn't matter what happened or not. We just don't wanna talk about it." He said, leaning back in his chair while speaking. "Boring and kinda useless. History sucks anyways." He now grumbled, staring at nothing but the tiled floor.

England scoffed and walked off, grumbling to himself about whatever, but the twins heard specific things that England knew they would hear; said things were just 'nothing happened, that's why you can't talk about it.', his tried and annoyingly true stubbornness coming in. The twins, now either annoyed or just too tired to really care about anything anymore, stood, organized their belongings, and started to leave the room.

Though, they could only get so far before a hypothetical thunderbolt was shot through them, specifically, their heads. Dropping whatever was in their hands, — causing loud clattering that gained the rest of the world's attention — they grabbed their heads and groaned, dark spots clouding their vision, and intense ringing drowning out everything around the two.

The brother nations fainted, collapsing on the ground without a reason known. Nobody really knew what to do, what was there to do? Were they attacked, but then by who? They didn't seem injured at all, usually there would be blood by now.

Before anybody could really check, the twins started to fade- not how nations normally fade, though. It was more so dissolving, being turned to dust.

Panic swept around the room; what was happening?! That was all before, each nation felt a weight on their shoulders, a sudden tiredness. No amount of adrenaline could work against this sudden and strong fatigue, and soon, the world went dark.

1183 words 

((Holy christ I rewrote this, finally. After a painfully long time of saying I would, I finally have started. Happy days :D))