Chapter 1

Chapter 1:

It was just a bit before dawn would come. The sun was just beginning to peek over the trees tops that surrounded the school. From outside, in the gardens a still figure could be seen huddled up in the conservatory, simply staring up at the sunset that rose above in the sky.

Rogue sat down on one of  the benches at the side of the glass room, her legs pulled up to her chest and her chin resting on her knees. She she stares at the beautiful sky, many thoughts were running through her head. Thoughts about how good sleep would be right now, if only she could manage to get the peace to do that. For just a few hours A night, didn't count for her. Exhaustion was the only thought that completely filled her brain, but how could she go to sleep it's a bunch of voices swimming around inside her head The ones inside had never slept, and when she tried to they would always wake her back up. But the few moments of sleep she did get the voices in her head always made sure it was filled with nightmares making her want sleep less.

————————————————————————
{Inside Rogue's Head}
"What tahme is it? Ah don't know anymore and Ah'm too tahred to check. How long has it been since Ah woke up? Did Ah even go to sleep? Ah doubt it. It's kinda hard to relax and drift off when there's so much noise, so many voices. All chattering away at once, each one telling me something that contridicts who Ah am mahself. There are moments, rare moments, when they're all silent. Those are the moments Ah can remember who Ah really am. Those are the moments that Ah'm alone. Ah prefer to be alone. Ah don't have to pretend when Ah'm alone..." Rouge thought to herself

————————————————————————

Everything had become so much worse recently. She caught Bobby cheating on her with some other girl in the school who she didn't really know too well. Went by the name of Bam Bam she thought. Anyway, that ended things with him. Logan went away once again though she was grimly glad about that. He was getting more and more obsessed with Jean everyday. It made her sick to watch and he stopped talking to her as much as well. It was better that he left.

Plus, absolutely everyone around her seemed to be pairing off; Scott and Jean, Kurt and Ororo, Bobby and Bam Bam. Even Kitty and Jubilee had guys now. Everyone had someone but her. And she hated it. She hated not having someone like they did and hated knowing that she'd probably never have someone like they did because of her skin. However, that wasn't the only thing which had become so much worse...

First, it had been the nightmares. They became more frequent, more vivid. She'd wake up in the middle of the night screaming and then spend the rest of the night until morning, crying. But at least she was able to sleep for a few hours at that point. Not now. Not since the voices of those in her head became louder. And they hardly ever shut up! They just kept on and on and that's why she could no longer sleep for long periods of time. Too much noise in her head. Too many voices. Too many horrible nightmares.

Rouge gave a small sigh and closed her eyes before stretching her arms and back. So, as a result of all of these voices and nightmares, here she was now. Unable to sleep and up at the crack of dawn. After her back had cracked a few satisfactory times, she relaxed and let her legs slide down until her feet touched the ground and then stood up. She had better get dressed before people started to wake up and come down for breakfast. Maybe she could make it look like she was only just getting up as well, avoid having to answer awkward questions from everyone.

She started across the conservatory and was halfway towards the door when a sudden sharp, blinding pain coursed through her head. She gave a loud cry and grabbed her head as she fell to her knees. Memories began to pass through her mind. Memories which weren't her own. She gave another cry as the pain pulsed again and she clutched her head tighter, ducking over so she was curled up into a tight little ball. To her side, left over cutlery from people's snacks the night before began to shake violently before lifting up and shooting right at her. The knives and forks soared just over her hunched over back and lodged themselves into the wooden panelling one the wall behind her with dull pangs.