Chapter 6

Chapter 6
With Rouge:

It's really late now. Way past curfew and Remy and me have only just set out. We're on his motorbahke, him in front and me behind. No helmets which Ah was a little concerned abaht at first but it quickly stopped bothering me when Ah slipped mah hands arahnd Remy's waist. He was so warm and made me feel so safe and at ease. Ah had to keep mahself in check so that Ah didn't start hugging him instead of just holding on to him. What surprised me though was that Ah wanted to hug him. Ah really want to be close to him...

————————————————————————
Back At The School:

Kitty was the first to realise Rogue wasn't around when she failed to turn up to the German lesson which they both shared. That bit of gossip mixed with the news of Hank and Rogue's 'discussion' made everyone just assume she had sought out the seclusion of her bedroom. Kitty and Jubilee had been tempted to go up and try to talk to her but in the end concluded that maybe their friend just needed some cooling off time. So, they decided to give her until dinner time to come down of her own accord. When she didn't make an appearance, they took it upon themselves to go to her room and try to talk to her.

"Rogue?" Jubilee called into the door as she gently knocked. "Rogue? You okay?"
"You weren't in German and you didn't come down to dinner either and we're just wondering if you're feeling all right." Kitty explained. No reply. Jubilee tried to turn the door-knob but found it was locked. "C'mon Rogue! Please let us in." Still no reply from the other side and a worried expression began to form on Jubilee's face. "What's wrong? Why won't you talk to us?" Kitty once again called in.
"Maybe she can't talk to us..." Jubilee squeaked.
"What?" Kitty sighed distractedly as she tried the door-knob herself.
"What if something's happened? Or what if she's done something stupid?" Jubilee gasped, growing more frantic at the workings of her over active imagination.
"This is Rogue we're talking about Jubes! She wouldn't do anything to herself." Kitty insisted sensibly as she knelt down and tried to peer through the keyhole.
"But she's been acting differently lately, you can't deny that." Jubilee pointed out. "Over the last month or so, her concentration has just gone, she's always tired and sometimes it's like she's in her own little world!"
"So?!" Kitty asked, shaking her head a little in exasperation.
"So?! Kitty, you've heard the rumours! You know what the teachers think!" Jubilee reminded.
"Again, so?!" Kitty hissed, standing up again. "What makes you think they know? From what I can tell, today was the first time any of them had even tried to talk to her about the way she's acting and look how that ended up! Believe me, they know exactly what we do, nothing!"
"I'm still worried." Jubilee said stubbornly with a light frown, not appreciating the angry hissing from her friend. She gave a side-long glance at the door. "I'm going to get Logan to come and open the door for us." She stated as she turned to go. Kitty's eyes widened in slight alarm and she lurched forward to grab hold of Jubilee's wrist.
"Are you thick in the head?!" Kitty muttered, pulling Jubilee back. "Get Logan up here and it'll all spiral out of control. We can deal with this on our own. She is our friend after all."
"How can we deal with this if we can't get her to talk to us or get in to talk to her?" Jubilee challenged. Kitty simply dragged her towards the dor and they passed through it into Rogue's bedroom. Kitty threw a playful smirk Jubilee's way and she replied by playfully sticking out her tongue. However, the relaxed and playful atmosphere was shattered when they simultaneously realised the room was empty and the window was open. Both acted immediately, Kitty running to the bathroom, just in case, and Jubilee dashing over to the window. She climbed onto the dressing table and stuck her head out of it.
"She's not in her bathroom." Kitty revealed, sounding more then a little relieved, as she reached Jubilee's side and leaned over a little so she too could look down out of the window.
"D'you think she could've made that?" Jubilee inquired, refering to the long drop from the window to the ground.
"Not without breaking something." Kitty guessed. She drew her head back from the window and stood up right, contemplating the possibility.
"Well, she must've got out somehow and the window is open..." Jubilee mused as she also drew back into the room.
"Rogue?" The Professor's voice suddenly came from the other side of the door. Kitty and Jubilee froze and locked eyes with each other.
"Rogue, can we come in? We just want to have a talk with you." Jean's voice then came through and brought Kitty and Jubilee to action. They began to try and push in opposite directions and ended up in a frantic slap battle.
"Open up kid. We know you're awake, Kitty and Jubilee are in there with you." Logan's voice came. The two girls froze again, both mid-slap.
"Why are they all here?!" Jubilee hissed out a whisper so that Logan would have less chance of hearing her.
"What makes you think I know?!" Kitty hissed back. Another knock and a call of Rogue, this time from Ororo.
"What should we do?" Jubilee whined desperately. "We can't let them in! Not with Rogue not being here!" However, no sooner as Jubilee had said that then Kurt suddenly appeared a few feet away from them. The two girl's heads whiped to face their German teacher in an instant. He looked back at them before glancing around the bedroom and looking back to them again.
"Vhere is she?" He asked. Neither girl answered and instead averted their gazes to their feet. Kurt kept his eyes on them for a moment longer beore turning and moving towards the door to unlock it so the other teachers could enter.