Chapter 23

Chapter 23:

In the end, not much breakfast was actually eaten, as the majority of the time everybody was speaking every five seconds. Rogue had started the explanations off by telling Kitty and Jubilee everything about Remy. Well, everything except for the existence of Head Remy and the fact Remy wasn't a teleporter, she was. Yes, everything would've made a Hell of a lot more sense if she had told them everything. But when she had started, she'd had every intention to talk about every little detail.

However, when she went to speak the words, different words came out. Instead of telling the truth, she told more lies. Why was this? She didn't know. The words came out without her controlling them and the shock of saying something she hadn't meant to lasted only a few seconds before it faded to a memory. She didn't know why.

Once Rogue's explanation was finished, she offered to answer any questions either of her friends might've had. Neither Kitty or Jubilee asked anything straight away but after a short pause to think, Jubilee came up with something. Rogue had actually expected a sensible, relavent to the situation question from her friend. Instead, she was asked through giggles what she and Remy had been getting up to while she and Kitty had been unconscious.

At that point, Rogue had blushed brightly and quickly excused herself from the table, claiming to have only just remembered that she hadn't showered for a couple of days and therefore, needed to have one right away.
Rogue had spent a ridiculous amount of time in the bathroom, not really over-joyed with having to face Jubilee's knowingly embarrassing questions but eventually, once she had dressed in a pain-stakingly long amount of time, she rejoined the others who were now gathered in the sitting room.

Joe was leaned in close to Kitty on the sofa while he fiddled with the collar around her neck. Jubilee was sitting on the floor by Kitty's feet, slouched back against the base of the sofa and flicking through the channels on the TV and Remy sat in an arm chair on his own, reading a newspaper.

"Feelin' better for dhe shower chere?" Remy inquired, not looking up from his paper, as Rogue moved further into the sitting room.
"Yeah, Ah am thanks." Rogue assured after a second of hesitation to see if Jubilee was going to rise to the bait and point out how long she had taken.

As she went to go past the chair that Remy was sitting in, his hand shot out from behind the newspaper and grabbed hold of her wrist. Rogue giggled out a squeal as Remy pulled her towards him. When the backs of her knees hit the arm of the chair, she fell back onto Remy's lap. Remy then proceeded to nuzzle her neck while his arms wrapped around her in a tight bear hug. Rogue lovingly nuzzled him back and then she caught sight of the newspaper.

"Sugah, ya do realise that this is yesterdays paper raht?" She murmured to him in an amused tone.
"Oui, Remy knows. He was jus' usin' it to lure his cherie into a false sense of security." He grinned back teasingly.
"Uh huh, sure ya were." Rogue replied in a disbelieving tone. Remy gave her cheek a quick kiss before he leaned down as far as he could and pulled something out from under the arm chair.
"Here yo' go." He said as he handed her a familiar pastic bag.
"Mah pencils!" Rogue said happily, remembering the bag as being the all elusive shopping bag from the day she had first heard Head Remy. "Better late then never Swamp Raht." She told him as she leaned in and rubbed her nose against Remy's before sealing his lips in a sweet kiss.

"Uck, get a room." Kitty grunted, her gaze seemingly fixed to stare at the corner of the near by coffee table.
"Remy and his chere go' a room, yo' jus' happen to be in it." Remy pointed out as he began to nuzzle Rogue's neck again.
"Stop being such a grump Kitty." Jubilee chided, still staring intently at the TV screen.
"I'm not being a grump." Kitty muttered, tilting her head further to the side at Joe's gently insistence.
"You are so being a grump." Jubilee replied with a grin.
"Am not!" Kitty insisted irritably.
"Are to!"
"Am not!"
"Okay, not that this ain't a riveting conversation, but there are better things we could be talkin' abaht." Rogue quickly interrupted.
"Like what?" Jubilee asked skeptically, continuing to flip the channels.