Chapter 11

Chapter 11:

Back With Rouge:

The roar of the blood circulating her veins was the only sound Rogue could hear as she continued to fall through the layers of the school. It seemed like an eternity ago that she had passed through the Professor's office and managed to gasp in some precious air. Now her lungs were burning from lack of oxygen and she had to clamp her hand over her mouth and pinch her nose to stop herself from trying to breathe.

Just as Rogue started to worry about suffocating, she left whatever solid layer she had been in and fell into, what she quickly realised, was Cerebro. The first thing she did was take in several gupls of air in an attempt to sooth her aching lungs. That done, she suddenly noticed that she was close to crashing into into the platform in the middle of the sphere. She attempted to teleport but instead of vanishing like she usually did, she simply gave herself an unbearable head ache. She cried out, half in pain and half in surprise at the pain, and somehow managed to remember to brace herself for the impact of hitting the metal below. The impact never came though and she passed through, continuing her decent towards the base of the sphere.

Fear washed over Rogue as she considered the possibility of never stopping and falling until she died. She shut her eyes in dread as she got closer and closer to the bottom of Cerebro. She decided that whatever would happen, would happen. If Head Remy wasn't able to stop it in time, well, there was nothing she could do about that. Then, the familiar sensation of teleporting was felt by her. Seconds later, she fell from about a foot in the air onto something flat and cold.

Opening her eyes, Rogue saw she was on the platform and staying on it, not sinking through it anymore. She may have liked falling, but only when she could breathe and knew she could stop herself.
"Well, that would've been fun, if it wasn't so completely terrifying." Rogue grunted silently, remaining still on the cool metal, the ache in her head blocking any urge to move any time soon.
"You okay chere?" Head Remy inquired.
"Ah'll live." Rogue muttered, rolling onto her back and staring up at the curved ceiling of Cerebro. "Whah wasn't Ah able to teleport when Ah trahd?" She questioned, her tone now more relaxed and lazy thanks to Head Remy's help.
"Kitty's power was still in effec'. You don' have enough control to use more dhan one power at dhe same time yet chere." He explained as he continued to help calm and soothe Rogue's pain.
"Oh..." Rogue hummed, just to show she had caught what he had said and had understood it. A brief silence followed before Rogue got the nerve to go back to the previous topic of Head Remy's recent distance. "Remy, abaht what we were talking..."

"Rogue, can you hear me?" The Professor's voice suddenly interrupted her. Rogue groaned at the second interruption of the afternoon and seriously considered ignoring him and just carrying on with what she was saying. She knew better though and reluctantly accepted the delay.
"Yeah, Ah can hear you."
"Are you all right?"
"Ah'm fahne."
"Where are you?"
"Insahde Cerebro." She answered without thinking. She surpressed another groan soon after once she realised her mistake. Now she couldn't just slink out and go back to relative norm. Now, she had to wait to be let out in front of a dozen people. She wasn't injured despite the fall but then still have to suffer an examination from Hank.

"Okay. Don't worry Rogue, we're coming down to get you." The Professor reassured. Rogue bit back the urge to mutter "goody" and the link between her and the older mutant faded away. One completely sure the link was gone, she wasted no time in going back to her conversation with Head Remy.
"Remy..." She started to say.
"Remy know what you wan' say chere and he's gon' start off wit' an apology." He said, cutting off her sentence. "Remy didn' mean to make you worry and for it he is truely sorry."
"Whah weren't ya talkin' to me in the first place though? Ah don't understand. Did Ah do something? Say something?" Rogue asked sadly.
"Non chere, weren' your fault. You didn' say or do anyt'ing. It was all Remy. It's all his fault. He was selfish. T'hought dhat jus' not talkin' was better dhan lyin'." Head Remy explained, not realising what he was admitting until it was out of his mouth.
"Lahin' abaht what?" Rogue inquired, her tone clearly conveying her confusion.
If he had time, Head Remy would've groaned at the predicament he was now in. As it was, he just went straight into considering his options. He could
1) tell her THE truth,
2) tell her a modified othertruth or
3) just tell an all out lie.