Chapter 17

Chapter 17:

In Rouge's Head:

Guess what? Ah know hah the world is gonna end. The world will officially end when Logan and Scott snap and settle their arguement over Jean physically. That will be the end of the world. And Ah know this because it's already happenin' in mah head. It's lahke World War 3 in there raht nah. Above all the other voices that are chattering awah, there's Logan and Scott arguing ovah whose better for Jean. It's kinda sad really. Ah mean, c'mon, what's so great abaht Jean Grey? Yeah, she's kinda pretty and she's nice but seriously, what's with the obsessive attractions? They really both need to get a lahfe. Being so obssessed with someone can't be healthy.
————————————————————————
With Rouge:

Rogue returned to the school just after mid-night after having a wonderful evening with Remy. They mostly spent the evening on the bench, catching up with each other in more ways than one. It was mostly Rogue doing the talking as she had the most to tell and managed to fully catch Remy up with what was happening to her in her life. Eventually, Rogue reluctantly insisted on going back to the school so Remy gave her a ride, dropping her off a safe distance from the school.

After checking in with Scott so he knew she was back, she teleported herself to her room and got straight into the shower to wash Remy's scent off of her. She went to bed feeling warm and fuzzy inside, the pressure of Remy's lips on hers still almost felt. She slept through the night for the first time in ages.
When Rogue woke up the next morning, she was still on her high and she basically skipped down to the late Saturday breakfast.

Breakfast at the school was usually from seven a.m. to eight a.m. Saturday breakfast was from ten a.m. to eleven a.m. It was a building full of teenagers after all. A change for Saturday was necessary. Rogue grabbed a plate from the stack by the door as she passed it and went over to Kitty and Jubilee, hugging them each in turn as she called the Kitty-Kat and Jubi-Jubes. They both stared at Rogue in surprise as she began to fill her plate.

"Erm, morning Rogue." Kitty greeted her unsurely.
"Ain't it just?" Rogue beamed happily in reply.
"I think someone had a good time last night." Jubilee grinned triumphantly.
"Yes Ah did." Rogue smiled before taking a bite of one of the pancakes on her plate.
"So you and Adam really hit it off then?" Jubille inquired excitedly.
"Adam?...Oh, ya mean what's-his-name. As it is, no, Ah didn't. Didn't even bother to meet him actually." Rogue corrected in a matter-of-fact voice.
"You never met him?" Jubilee cried indignantly as though it was a personal insult to her.
"Why are you so happy then?" Kitty asked.
"'Cause Ah met someone else." Rogue revealed, holding back a joyous giggle.
"Really? Ooo, who is it?" Jubilee questioned enthustiastically.
"Weren't you just mourning her love for Adam that never was?" Kitty pointed out.
"Mind ya business. Who did you meet?" Jubilee asked Rogue after dismissing Kitty's remark.
"Well, his name's Remy LeBeau..." Rogue began.
"French. Nice." Jubilee nodded.
"...He's twen'y four..." Rogue continued.
"An older guy? Very nice." Jubilee said, now smiling widely.
"And he's got a motorbike." Rogue finished, now grinning like a cheshire cat.
"A motorbike? I so definately approve!" Jubilee giggled, her eyes lighting up.
"Wait a minute before you start setting the wedding date for her Jubes." Kitty advised seriously. "Rogue...Did you tell him you're a mutant?" She asked her friend gently. Jubilee seemed to fall to Earth with a crash and was suddenly as serious as Kitty. They both looked at her expectantly and Rogue just continued to smile.
"Yeah, Ah did." She told them easily.
"And he was okay with it?" Kitty checked in a motherly way.
"Well, it'd be pretty hypocritical if he wasn't since he's a mutant as well." Rogue enlightened them.
"He is? This just keeps getting better and better!" Jubilee gushed happily. "What are his powers?"
"He can channel kinetic energy into objects to make them blow up. He's also got some empathic abilities as well." Rogue explained, her smile still not fading.
"An empath! Rogue, you've found the perfect guy! He'll be so caring, so sensitive, so considerate of your feelings and you can talk to him about anything! Fashion, literature..." Jubilee began to list.
"He's an empath Jube, not gay." Kitty smirked to her friend, promptly shutting her up mid-sentence. She then turned to Rogue and gave her a sly grin.