Chapter 8

Chapter 8:

All talkin'. All askin'. All arguin' at the same tahme. None of them will shut up! One asks me a question and then someone else will answer for me. Ah don't care though. Ah'm too tired, too confused. Ah woke up in mah bed. Ah don't know how Ah got there. Everythang was kinda hazy. Ah remember Logan comin' to get me and helping me dahn to see the Professor and the other teachers. Then they all started talkin' all at once. Ah'm not sure what's goin' on anymore. Ah'm so confused...

Ah wish Remy were here...

Concentrating, Rogue focused on the lock on her bedroom door. Bringing Magneto forward, she used his power to slid the lock back. She slowly edged the door open a crack and poked her head around discreetly. Coast was clear, completely empty corridor. She already held her cell phone to her ear and heard the ringing on the other side. She nervously bit her bottom lip, her eyes fixed to the end of the corridor ahead. The ringing stopped;

"Hello?"
"Remy? It's Marie."
"Marie? How'd you get Remy's number?"
"Ah asked head you, but anyway, Ah gotta talk quick. Ah've been grounded for a month. Ah ain't gonna be able to help you save your father."
"Wha'? Why'd dhey ground you?"
"Why'd you think? Strangely enough, teachers are picky abaht knowing where their students are in the middle of the naht. Ah was lucky to only get a month, though Ah think the five days of solitude is goin' a bit far. Ah think they're just worried abaht me though, what with the sudden disappearances and me passing out on them."
"You passed ou'! Okay, now Remy wan' details."
"Shh...oot" Logan's comin'. Ah gotta go."
"Marie, wait!"
"Don't worry. Ah'll call you back later. Bah."

Two days had passed since the events which led on from meeting the real life Remy. Two days filled with questions, explanaitions and check-ups. Two out of the five days of solitude she was punished with. Two days down out of the thirty days she was grounded for.

Rogue lay on her bed, completely still except for the slight movement of her right hand which was guiding the floating, bending paperclips above her. She was so bored! Being confined to her room all day except for lessons and meals had seemed like a pretty sweet deal at first. That was, until she found out lessons and meals would be on her own and her CD's were to be taken away. That's when she realised it was definately a punishment. She knew she was in for trouble but she thought Logan would at least stick up for her. Instead, he was the one dealing out the punishments. Solitary confinement for five days, grounded for a month. Although, she reckoned the grounding was simply because he was worried/pissed off with her recent, sudden disappearances. If she was grounded, it meant he and the other teachers had a plausable reason for keeping tabs on her.
This was the first time she'd ever been given any kind of punishment at the school, let alone solitude, so she really wasn't used to it. And it was because she wasn't used to it that she found that she was now completely and utterly bored. She was sick of reading, tired of listening to the tapes she had managed to hide from Logan and her last sketching pencil had snapped earlier the previous day. She had tried calling Remy again a couple of times but his phone had always been off and she couldn't be bothered to leave him a message. She needed to talk to him though. There were things she needed to know. Like, what was he going to do about his father? And if he still had her shopping bags.

With a small sigh, Rogue lifted her right arm and twisted her hand around a few times, one of the paperclips flattening out as she did so. In an attempt to relieve her boredom, Rogue had started practising with the other powers in her mind. She had started out with Pyro's ability and had managed to master it quickly. Head Remy told her it was because it was such a simple power and took less effort and mind control to use. So having mastered that in all but three hours, she decided to move onto Magneot's power. She was getting to be quite good at it although she did get bad headaches if she tried to move something that was too big. At the moment, too big was anything heavier than her clock radio.