Chapter 21

Chapter 21:

Captured. Everyone captured. Thrity students and two teachers, all handcuffed and collared. Unknown to the captors though, the school was home to thirty-three students and seven teachers.

The grim quiet which surrounded them was suddenly completely and utterly shattered by a black Mercedies skidding around the side of the school into everyone's view. All eyes were immediately on the dark vehicle as it sped to go right past the cluster of trucks, cars and vans and instead escape safely through the front gates of the school.

"Rogue! The gates are shut!" Jubilee cried in dismay, leaning forward from the back seat of the car.
"Thank ya Jubilee, for stating the obvious!" Rogue replied, her eyes not moving from their hard stare at the outside world ahead.
"Maybe we should find another way out then." Jubilee suggested desperately.
"You know there isn't another way out." Kitty reminded, turning her head slightly to look at her friend. "Now sit back before you get hurt." She ordered, turning her head back to look out the window ahead at the vehicles they were fast approaching, some of which held their friends captive. Jubilee muttered a few choice words under her breath but did as she was asked and slumped back down on her seat.

"You're not seriously gonna try and break through the gates are you?" Kitty questioned Rogue quietly enough so Jubilee couldn't hear.
"Ah know what Ah'm doin'." Rogue assured simply.
"All right." Kitty murmured, her tone grimly excepting.
As they approached the shut gates, Rogue began to concentrate as hard as she could on them, trying to force the bars to break with Magneto's power. However, they weren't breaking fast enough and by the time they were about a foot away, the bars were only slightly bent. Jubilee's scream filled the car and Kitty had covered her face with her hands, un-able to bring herself to look at the solid barrior they were about to hit.

Acting through pure desperation and not thinking it out properly, Rogue used Kitty's power to phase them through the gate while she was still using her borrowed magnetism.
Pain rushed from Rogue's head and quickly consumed her whole body. The combined sounds of teenage screams and buckling metal easily drowned out her small pained gasp. She lowered her head, her eyes screwing shut in pain, and clutched the steering wheel tightly. But then, all of a sudden, the pain was gone and the familiar calming sensation that meant Head Remy was helping her took over.

Rogue sent a silent thank you to him but got no reply. She didn't mind. She just figured he was too busy at that moment. She quickly opened her eyes and raised her head to see they were now in the street outside the school. Glancing at the rearview mirror, Rogue saw that the bars of the gate looked convincingly mangled.
"We're aht!" She gasped happily.
"You mean we actually got out alive!" Jubilee gasped in disbelief, her head shooting up and twisting around to look out of the back window.
"Why didn't I feel any impact?" Kitty mused curiously.
"Who cares! I'm just glad we got out alive!" Jubilee laughed in relief, turning back and slouching back heavily against the seat.

Rogue let out a relieved sigh and released her death hold on the steering wheel. Her heart rate slowed and she allowed herself to relax slightly. Then she saw that they were being chased by three of the trucks they had seen before.  "Shit." Rogue groaned, her body tensing again as she leaned forward slightly. Kitty, having seen Rogue glance at the mirror, checked the side mirror to see the vehicles in hot pursuit of them. Jubilee, after seeing nothing ahead of them, twisted back around to look out the back window again.

"Oh c'mon!" Jubilee yelled in exasperation. She turned back and sighed. "Now what do we do?"
"Ah'm open to suggestions." Rogue murmured distractedly as she turned a corner sharply. No one spoke for several moments as each girl thought.
"We need to dump the car." Kitty spoke suddenly. "Then we'll need somewhere we can lay low for a while."
"Ooo, I know somewhere that'd be good for that." Jubilee said, leaning forward so that her head was between Kitty's and Rogue's shoulders. "There's an old run down factory not too far away. We can dump the car there and then there'll be plenty of covering to sneak away un-noticed."
"Ah dunno you guys...Ah don't feel raht abaht just dumpin' Cyclop's car." Rogue protested. Suddenly, the sound of gun shots reached them, causing Rogue and Kitty to wince and Jubilee to squeal fearfully. "On second thoughts, let's just go with your plan." Rogue agreed quickly.