Chapter 7

Chapter 7:

With Remy & Rouge:

"Dhat was a complete disaster! Didn' find anyt'ing out and Marie exhausted herself! Can feel her grip slippin'...Damn, she ain' gon' make it to dhe school. Gotta find somewhere where to rest for a while, jus' 'til she alert enough to hold on and not fall off dhe bike. But where? Not Remy's place. Too far away. Ugh, how did you ge' yourself into dhis LeBeau? Remy known dhis fille for all of half a day yet he feel so strongly for her...Wha' dhat 'bout?? Dhere jus' somet'ing 'bout her...Makes Remy wan' protect her, keep her safe, make her happy......make her his!" Remy thought as he found the next best place for rouge to rest.

————————————————————————
Back At The School:

The school was gradually filling up with students again as groups began to return in time for curfew. Every student had once again been sent out in search of Rogue the moment the teachers realised she was gone. Logan, Ororo and Scott had also gone out searching as soon as they were positive that neither Kitty or Jubilee had any idea where she was. Kurt and Hank had stayed behind at the school so that if Rogue returned injured then they could immediately help her. The Professor and Jean had also stayed at the school and had gone straight down to Cerebro where they remained still. (Xavier's machine)

————————————————————————
Down In Cerebro:

"It's no use." The Professor sighed to Jean who was standing just behind him. He removed the head set and placed it down in front of himself.
"You still can't find her?" Jean asked, her tone a little fearful.
"I don't know what's wrong. It's like yesterday. She just doesn't seem to be anywhere." He mused.
"Do you think that, maybe, Hank's on the right track? Could a mental illness possibly effect the accuracy of tracing her mind?" Jean inquired.
"I'm really not sure." The Professor admitted. "Very little research has been done into mutants by mutants. Government officials are more interested in finding ways to manipulate us to their advantage rather than how ordinary conditions can effect powers."
"So it may be a possibility?" She concluded sadly.
"It certainly can't be totally dismissed as a possibility." The Professor agreed. A heavy silence filled the chamber as both thought of the various implications of the whole situation with the young mutant.
"Should I try again?" Jean suggested after a while.
"Yes, if you wish. I don't think it would be wise to stop trying. We may eventually find her plus it will help you to develop your control." The Professor answered as he moved out of Jean's way.
"Professor?" Kurt's voice suddenly came in the Professor's head.
"Yes Kurt?"
"Ze final group of students have returned to ze school."
"Thank you Kurt." The Professor said before closing the mental link. So now that meant that there were a lot less people out searching for Rogue. Which meant they were less likely to find her before anything bad happened...

————————————————————————
Back With Remy & Rouge:

Rogue groaned as her consciousness seeped back to her. Every muscle and joint felt stiff and her head ached so badly. She felt warm though and she was laying on something soft. Her eyes remained closed as she did make a move to sit up but found she was being held down at the shoulders by a firm hand. She gave an annoyed grunt in protest and tried to bat the hand away.

"Easy dhere cherie." Remy soothed as he moved to sit next to her on the bed she lay on. "Stay layin' down."
"Where are we?" Rogue moaned, bringing a hand up to her head and still not opening her eyes.
"Dhe empty apartment 'bove Joe's cafe. You passed out 'bout a block away from here. Remy's apartment and dhe school be too far away so he bought you here 'til you well enough to ride again." He explained as he let his hand trail down her arm from her shoulder. Rogue blushed a little at his action but didn't have the energy or the will power to do much else.
"What tahme is it?" She asked through a sigh.
"One twen'y a.m." He answered as he glanced at his wrist watch.
"Ugh, Ah'm so dead when Ah get back." She groaned. Remy said nothing and just rearranged his position so he could hold her hand. Rogue's eyes snapped open and her blush deepened but she did allow her head to roll to the side so she could look at him. Calm quiet ruled for a while before Rogue decided to speak. "Remy, whah didn't you tell me Juli was an assassin?"
"Didn' wanna scare you chere and Remy didn' t'ink dhey'd fire on an unarmed fille." He answered. A dark frown formed on his face after and he glared down at the floor. "Dhose assassins got no honour."
"Whah is he in New York? Ain't his home and family in Louisiana?" She continued to query.
"Dhey're here for me." Remy replied simply.
"Whah?"
"Don' know." He sighed tiredly as he ran his free hand over his face and letting it run up through his hair. "Wha'ever message dhey had, it's obvious dhey never had any intention of relayin' it"
Rogue watched Remy sadly as he moved his hand out of his hair before covering his eyes with it and giving a tired sigh. She instantly decided that she didn't like Sad Remy. Cheerful Remy, Playful Remy, Hell, even Cocky Remy she could handle. Not Sad Remy though. Everything about him seemed to darken, he suddenly seemed so tired and his eyes; those beautiful eyes which usually sparkled with playful mischief now just looked tired and dull. She knew it was selfish but she needed him to be cheerful, up beat, and playful. It made her feel normal. She felt confident around him, like she wasn't a mutant who would never be able to touch, but just a normal girl who had a crush on a normal, up beat guy.
She knew what was wrong. He wanted to know what Juli was up to. He was worried about the various possibilities. And she knew she could help him. Everything he wanted to know and was worried about was somewhere in her head. So she began to sift through everyone who was with her and quickly found Juli as he was still quite far forward. She began to search though his memories which seemed to annoy the fragment of mind and when she found what she was looking for, it annoyed him even more. He pushed forward roughly causing Rogue to visibly wince and take in a sharp breathe. Remy's head shot up at that and he saw as her face creased in pain.
"Rogue?" He called gently as he scooted up closer to the head of the bed. Rogue's only reply was a small, hoarse squeak. She curled up on her side and clutched her head as Juli decided he liked the effect the push had on her and therefore was going to keep doing it.
"Remy! Push him back!" Rogue cried in her mind. No reply came though. "Remy?" She tried again. Still nothing. Another sharp push, much stronger this time. A soft wail made it past her lips this time and she curled up a little tighter.
"Wha's wrong chere? Wha' is it?" Remy asked gently while leaning closer to her. Rogue shook her head, no longer capable of speech and squeezed his hand, which she still held, tighter. A third push came and Rogue couldn't handle it anymore. She burst into tears and Remy took that as his cue. He swiftly repositioned himself so he sat at the head of the bed, along side Rogue. He gathered her into his arms and positioned her on his lap. She immediately cuddled into him and continued to cry in pain. Remy bought his hand up to cover the one of Rogue's that was holding the side of her head. The moment she felt his hand on hers she adjusted her grip so her fingers could curl around his.
Remy felt helpless. He didn't know what was wrong and more importantly, he didn't know how to make it better. All he could do was try and comfort her, if only to make himself feel better for at least trying to do something. A thought suddenly occured to him and tentatively, he lowered his psychic barriors and reached out towards Rogue's mind...
Rogue was too tired to do anything but flinch and whine a little when a forth push stabbed in her head. She didn't understand. Why wasn't the Remy in her head helping her? Or even replying when she called out to him? Maybe the Juli in her head was able to block him somehow...Or maybe she wasn't strong enough at that moment to support him...If that was the case though, would this pain never stop? She couldn't rest with it hurting so much, so how would she get strong enough to support Remy again? Thinking this brought on panic which seemed to only make the situation worse. The pain of each push increased. Worse still, she could tell the Juli was getting too far forward. She began to feel differently. Suddenly, Remy wasn't such a nice guy, killing people seemed easy and she was very interested in the belle fille that had been with him that night. Rogue would've blushed if she had been in her right mind.
However, as suddenly as the pain came, it began to fade.