Chapter 15

Chapter 15:

Last tahme Ah was kidnapped, that tahme with Magneto, Ah was welcomed back pretty much the way Ah expected. Warm hugs, statements of relief and excited requests to know what happened. Logan was casual abaht everything and left to follow up his lead and Ah was prety much left alone to make a lahfe for mahself at the school. This tahme Ah was kidnapped, this tahme with Remy, everyone's been making too much of a fuss! Desperate, emotional bear hugs, promises of fahndin'and guttin' Remy and concerned inquires abaht mah physical and emotional well bein'.

Logan's hoverin' arahnd me constantly, growlin' lahke a guard dog and Ah can't even shiver withaht at least three different people askin' if Ah'm all raht.
It ain't necessary! Ah mean, even if Remy was an actual threat to me, which they thankfully all still think he is, no way would he be more dangerous than Magneto. Let's just look at them in comparrison. Magneto: locks me up, almost kills me, powers are obviously very dangerous. Remy: length of restraint is simply holdin' me arahnd the waist and neck, doesn't even attempt to kill me, suspected powers couldn't even slow Logan dahn. C'mon people! Use ya heads, think and calm dahn before ya'll suffocate me!

Speakin' of suffocatin' me, ya know what they've gone and arranged? They've gone and called in the shrink friend of Hank's. So, on this nahce sunny afternoon that Ah could be spendin' ahtsahde, Ah'm stuck in the sittin' room with Dr. "ya can call me Mickey" Mackenzie. This guy has gotta be at least in his late forties and he's introducing himself as Mickey...Micheal Ah could understand, Mike or Mick is fair enough, but Mickey? Am Ah the only one who fahnds that disturbin'? Ya know what else is disturbin'? This silence. "Mickey" hasn't spoken since he told me Ah can call him Mickey. Ah always thaht the whole point of these kinds a things were for talkin', not sittin' arahnd in a creepy silence...Ah can't take it anymore! Ah'm gonna go nuts if someone don't start talkin'!

"Ain't somebody gonna start talkin'?"
"All right then. Tell me, how do you feel about being here?"
Ah hate it! It sucks! Get me the Hell ahtta here!
"Beats doin' homework Ah guess."
"I see. Don't you like doing homework then?"
What kinda stupid question is that!
"Do ya honestly think there's anyone who actually lahkes doin' it?"
"I suppose so...I've heard you've had a rough couple of months Rogue. You've been going out on your own a lot, sleeping irregular hours and you had some trouble with another mutant outside the institute a few days ago. Would you like to talk about any of it?"
No, so you can get lost nah.
"Do Ah have a choice?"
"Of course you have a choice Rogue. Do you not want to talk about it then?"
Woah, you're fast!
"Not much to say that Ah haven't already told the Professor."
Who Ah know ya've already talked to bahy the way.
"Okay. I've also heard you've been a little distracted lately. Why is that do you think?"
Because aliens have landed in mah mahnd and are tellin' me to go free all the kangeroos from the zoo.
"Just havin' an off period at the moment."
"I see...Tell me Rogue, where do you like to spend your free time outside the school?"
The zoo.
"The mall Ah guess."
"And why is that?"
Because aliens landed in mah mahnd and told me to free all the kangeroos in the zoo. Ah've already told you that! Pay attention will ya!
"It's the only place worth goin'"
"Mmm hmm...Be honest with me now Rogue, are you happy here at the school?"
No, Ah'm manically depressed and suicidal. Can't you tell?
"Yeah, Ah guess."
"You only guess?"
Well Ah can't be certain because Ah think all the teachers and students are evil pod-people who are here to destroy humanity as we know it and I'm the only one who can save man-kind.
"Ah am happy. That definate enough for ya?"
"There's no reason to get defensive Rogue."
Ah'll show you defensive!
"Sahrry."
"It's all right. Now, let's talk about your childhood. How do you feel about your parents?"
Oh Gahd...

Two weeks passed and Rogue was down to her last two days of being grounded. Her session with Dr. Mackenzie thankfully hadn't been repeated and she prayed it never would be. Things were settling down for her again, save for Logan who was still being a little over-protective and one other little thing; she hadn't yet had any contact with Remy. His parting words to her two and a half weeks ago had been that he's get in touch with her as soon as he could. She'd heard nothing though and was starting to worry. She couldn't help it. Being grounded gave her a lot of time to think about stuff.