Chapter 26

Chapter 26:

In Rouge's Head:

"Get Logan right nah!...Aah don't care abaht that at the moment! Ah'm sure she'd rather a little pain then death!...Remind me, who exactly is in charge here?"
"Yo' are" head Remy said
"Right Ah am. Ah don't care what ya think! Shut up and get Logan here!" Said a mysterious voice.

————————————————————————

Back With The Group:

The area had emptied of people in a matter of milliseconds after the shot was fired at rouge. Now, the only ones who remained were the four mutants and dozens of soldiers and security guards.
Kitty, Jubilee and Remy phased through the floor down to the ground floor. The second their feet touched the floor, Remy charged and threw several cards at the soldiers, injuring more than a few and also creating an effective smokescreen.

Jubilee and Kitty dashed to the still form of Rogue, laying in a pool of her own blood that was rapidly cooling. Not caring in the least about the consequences, Kitty grabbed her bare wrist.
"Oh my..." She gasped when nothing happened. "Remy! She's not absorbing me!" A hard look of concentration formed on Remy's face. "Remy!"
"Give her time!" He yelled back at them as he threw several more cards into the smoke, taking out his anger and fear on the soldiers and security guards.

Jubilee and Kitty glanced at each other, neither knowing what that was meant to mean. However, it didn't matter that much as within a few seconds they were given their answer. All of a sudden, Rogue's eyes shot open, her body tensed and she released an ear piercing scream of agony. The shock of the quick, violent switch back to life stunned Kitty and Jubilee into paralysis. Neither could move or speak and could only watch on as Rogue managed to push herself up on her hand and knees, one hand coming up to clutch the left side of her chest which was still bleeding badly all the while shallow, harsh pants escaped her lips.

Rogue's scream had, had a curious affect on Remy. His concern that she was in pain was almost completely over-ridden by the relief that she was alive. Although he had told Kitty and Jubilee to just give her time, he had been less than sure that she had still been alive. He knew she had the Wolverine in her head, he knew she had access to his healing power: he just hadn't known for sure she'd been able to use it.

Rogue wasn't sure which was worse; the pain in her head or the pain which stung her entire left side as her heart, muscle and flesh healed itself. She suddenly had a new-found respect for Logan. He healed himself on a regular basis and if it always hurt this much, he was definately tough. Very tough. The sensation itself was odd. It felt like the flesh was burning, really badly burning. She could actually feel her muscles coming together and joining again. It was an awful sensation.

Kitty and Jubilee had to snap themselves out of their shock when Rogue suddenly fell forward as the arm which was supporting her buckled and gave way. They stopped her decent immediately, each grabbing a shoulder.
"Rogue, what's happening?" Jubilee cried desperately.
"Can't really...Talk raht...Nah." Rogue managed to say in a strained voice. "Call...Remy ova."
"Remy!" Kitty yelled. "Get over here!"
"Kinda busy." He called back irritably. Rogue let out a groan of frustration which she was able to start feeling again as the pain lessened though still killed.

"Nah!" Rogue suddenly cried out, knowing Remy would react to her. Sure enough, it only took a second for Remy to reach her side and grab hold of her hand. "We're leavin'." She told them all before abruptly teleporting them all out of the building.
Moments later, they had re-entered inside the motorhome and Rogue was all but unconscious. Seeing her sag a little, Remy quickly seized her from Kitty and Jubilee before heading towards the beds in the back.
"Jubilee, ge' us ou' o' here." He ordered over his shoulder. Jubilee did as she was told and darted for the driver's seat while Kitty stomped after Remy.