Reunion

It hurts. I was so worried to tell him the truth, but I did it. I told him everything...
"I feel terrible Jesse. I regret my actions. My time with Gabe taught me a lesson and also was meaningless. We  never had feelings for one another. I swear."
Jesse looked down. I could've sworn I heard him chuckle. He kept chuckling loudly.
"You think I'd be mad at you for this Y/n?"
"Well yeah. You're not upset Jesse?"
"Heh. If ya'll didn't like eachother and we weren't together what's there to be mad at?"
"Well I was hoping I would be able to show you who my feelings were really for, but I think you already know. Maybe... we can try being together?"
"Y/n? Nothing would make me happier."
We both smiled. I held him tightly. He winced a bit in pain. I stopped.
"S-sorry."

We went inside and up to his room. I kept it looking clean and organized. I got McCree to sit on the couch. He groaned a bit in pain as he sat down.
"Heh, I know Angie told me not to but I could really use a-"
"A drink?" I said.
I held a bottle of whiskey in my hand and two glasses in the other. We both smiled.
"You read my mind y/n."
"I'm sure after being asleep for so long you could use a good drink, Jesse."
"You're damn right."
"I bet all that sleep was boring." I said pouring the first glass.
"It wasn't really like sleeping. It was like I was aware of everything around me, mostly, but I couldn't move, speak, or see anything.
I stopped pouring and looked at him a bit shocked.
"Really? You could hear....everything?" I said handing him the glass.
He looked up and smiled as he took the glass.
"Everything Y/n. I listened to everything you said to me while I was out."
I could feel my face getting hot with blush. I quickly poured myself a glass and took a large sip. Then set down the bottle and fell into the couch.
"That's embarrassing."
"Heh heh! Nothin wrong with anything you said to me pumpkin. In fact I think you comin' in to see me is what kept me going."
"Jesse I..."
"One day I didn't see you. That turned into several days. I wanted to ask Gabe where you'd gone off to so badly, but I guess now I know."
"Jesse I-I'm so sorry." I said with shame in my voice.
"Y/n there's no need to feel guilty."
"But I love you Jesse. I felt like I betrayed my feelings and you. I didn't visit you afterwards. I couldn't face you." I said taking another sip.
"You were ashamed. It's ok. I don't care about all of that anymore." Jesse said looking worried.
I took another sip.
"Maybe you should slow down Y/n."
"I don't deserve you McCree."
He grabbed my hand and set my drink down.
"You're right y/n. You deserve more than me." Jesse said sternly.
"I want to be the person you want me to be, but right now I need to be the person you need.
"But Jesse..."
"Y/n you are feeling too guilty right now. You need to rest."
He tried to pick me up. I could feel his arms trembling in pain, but he walked me to the bed and tucked me in.
"Goodnight darling."