Jesse's Issues

I was nervous. Reyes' stare was intense. Was I about to be court martialed?!
"Dismissed!" Reyes said.
Lena and McCree grabbed their things and left the training room. I stood up nervously from the bench and tried not to make eye contact with Reyes, but he walked up to me. His broad body towered over me. I felt his gaze hit me like a truck.
"I was SEP too."
I gasped. I looked up at him wide eyed.
"Jack was too." Reyes said. "SEP soldier are genetically engineered to be Overwatch agents. There's nothing you should be ashamed of. Being SEP almost guarantees your spot as an agent."
"I-I just assumed that SEP was frowned upon around here sir. I know McCree isn't very fond of em." I said studdering.
"So you've met Jesse before?"
"Not really. I doubt he'd recognize me."
"Hm. Well, I'll talk to Jack about putting you two on separate squads."
"No no sir. I really don't mind his company."
"Even if he doesn't like SEP?"
"He doesn't have to know right?" I said winking.
Reyes pointed at me and grinned.
"I like your style. Your squadrons will be announced tomorrow. Enjoy your afternoon."

I grabbed my things and left the training room. As I was walking back my watch beeped.
"Please report to Commander Morrison's office in 30 minutes."
"Commander Morrison? What does he want to talk to me about?" I asked myself.

I knocked on his office door.
"Come in!" I heard Morrison say.
I gently opened the door. Morrison was looking at the papers in his hands. He glared up at me.
"Come sit down."
I opened the door some more to see Reyes standing next to him from behind the desk like some sort of watch dog. He darted his eyes watching my every moment.
"I did some digging. We already know you were the Queen's runner, but before that...."
I gasped and swallowed hard.
"It looks like you also participated in constructing their weapons and fighting bots."
"S-sir am I in trouble?" I asked nervously.
He set the papers down.
"Not at all. Reyes and I have decided that we want to make you a weapons specialist for the Overwatch Agents and the Blackwatch agents, but after some training sessions you will be an agent on Reyes' Blackwatch squad."
"Blackwatch sir?"
"Yes we have a secret squad of invisible agents known as Blackwatch that operate outside the public radar. They don't exist to the rest of the world."
"You won't be seen by the public unless you are under cover. No tv stunts." Reyes added.
I nodded at them.
"Are you ok with this plan cadet?" Morrison asked.
I couldn't believe it! I was going to be their weapons specialist and an agent of their secret squad!
"Yes sir!"
Morrison smiled.
"Then we shall see you in training tomorrow."
I stood up, saluted, and left the office with a sigh of relief. I felt like I was walking on eggshells for a while, but I guess I still need to keep my mouth zipped around McCree. No wonder he's not a fan of commander Reyes. I went back to the training room for a private work out. I opened the door to see McCree punching a bag. His hair was dripping with sweat. His shirt was off. I could feel my face getting hot. I didn't realize how much I was leaning against the door. It creeked loudly. I gasped as McCree turned quickly to face me.
"Um I'll just......use the other gym." I said starting to close the door.
"Y/n?"
I froze and faked a smile. McCree walked to a bench press.
"I could use a spot."
I nodded and walked in.
"S-sure."
McCree added 80lb to the empty bar while I stood behind it. He layed back and held the bar up. He begain pressing it to his chest giving a little grunt each time he lifted it.
"Remember to breathe." I said.
He pressed the bar 10 times and set it back up taking a deep breath. His chest glisened with sweat.
"Alright. You wanna press now?" McCree asked.
I couldn't show him my strength. Not my real strength anyway.
"I'll try 50lb."
"50? C'mon Y/n, I saw how ya pushed back Gabe today. You're stronger than you think." McCree started walking up to me. He got questionably close and leaned in next to my ear. I didn't move.
"I know what you are, Juicer."
I gasped.
"J-Jesse I."
"It's McCree."
"I'm sorry you don't like SEP."
"You don't realize what you've done to yourself." McCree began staring down at me. "I've already seen what those drugs do to guys like Gabe and Morrison. It ruins your life. Makes you do irrational things. It's already got Gabe trying to do experiments on his body with that stupid witch."
What?
"McCree you're not making any sense."
"You'll see soon Y/n. You're gonna regret you ever chose to sign away your life to SEP! Trust me."
I felt tears dripping off my face.
"McCree I..."
He looked angry. He scoffed and grabbed his things storming out of the gym.

I sat in the kitchen pouring myself a wiskey. The room was empty. I let myself sob into the counter. I heard someone come in and looked up to see Ana.
"Oh dear. What happend?" Ana said walking around the counter.
"McCree found out I was from SEP." I wailed.
"Yes I suppose that could be troublesome. I'm sorry dear."
"No I'm worried about making some kind of stupid decision."
"Oh no dear." Ana said comforting me. "Jesse just says things out of anger. Both of his commanders went to SEP and are hard on him all the time. He tries to associate it with the fact that they are SEP soldiers, but none of their decisions come from the drugs that were used on them. Jesse is worried that his relationship with you will be bad because it's already been tampered with by two other SEP soldiers."
"I just don't feel like I belong here yet." I said taking a drink.
"Put that down." Ana said gently grabbing my wrist. "Let me make you some tea."
She filled a tea pot with water and left it on the stove.
"Don't take it personally Y/n. Jesse has never been able to ajust to change easy. You must be patient with him. Especially if you two are going to be on the same squad."
I gasped.
"The same squad?"
"Yes. You both are in Blackwatch of course." Ana explained.
I didn't even know McCree was a Blackwatch member.
"Should I talk to Jesse?"
"Here is my advice." Ana said handing me a cup of tea. "Do what you feel is right. I won't be able to make these decisions for you dear."
I smiled warmly at her.
"Thankyou."
"You have a good night Y/n."