Our Past

The helecarrier whirred loudly as we flew above the clouds. I was strapped into a seat.
"Excuse me sir?" I said to the guard piloting the carrier. "Why am I being taken to Gibraltar?"
"I don't know. I just have orders."
I was nervous. Was I in some kind of trouble? Pretty soon we slowed down and the inside of the helecarrier became dark. The guard had lowered the carrier into some kind of building. We landed and the carrier shut down. The guard stood from the pilots seat and motioned me to stand. I unbuckled myself from the chair and stood up.
"Don't touch anything kid."
"Are their any agents here?"
"A few."
I was shocked.
"Who?!"
"I can't tell you that kid. Follow me."
We walked along the ground of a hangar before stepping into another elevator.
"What's your name?"
The guard huffed in shock.
"Samuel." He said.
"Samuel? Do you have any idea what they want with me?" I asked.
He sighed.
"I'm guessing their gonna enlist you."
"Enlist me? Into what?"
"The training course."
I was confused. What training course? The elevator stopped and we walked into a hallway with several dorm-like rooms. We walked till we got to the middle of the hall and stopped at a door. Samuel pressed a button on a keypad beside the door and it slid open. Samuel motioned me inside. I looked around the room. There was a large queen bed positioned against the middle of the wall with a nightstand on either side. There was an adjoining bathroom with a tub and a writing desk. There was even a dresser with plenty of storage and a holo tv sitting on top of it. I turned quickly to face Samuel, but he was gone. The door slid shut. I went up and opened the door again, but when I looked into the hallway it was empty. I sighed and closed the door. Looking around my new room I wondered how I would pass the time. I took my bag off and started organizing my things into drawers of the dresser. I put my toiletries in the bathroom. Later I heard a knock at the door. It nearly scared me. I stood up from the bed and walked to the door. I pushed the button and it slid open. McCree was standing there smiling back. 

"McCree!" I gasped and shut the door.

"Woah darlin. You sure are jumpy." I heard him say from the other side of the door.

Shit! Why did I close the door on him?!

"Sorry I scared ya. Just wanted to meet the new recruits."

I took a deep breath and opened the door again. I slowly looked up to see McCree standing there smiling, but he looked apologetic. He was so tall and personable.

"Guess you already know my name. Many people don't. What's yours?" He asked.

I couldn't help but talk in a tremble.

"Y/N."

"Y/N huh? Nice name." He said. "Normally they only pick one new recruit a year."

"Is there more?" I asked.

McCree peaked down the hallway before turning back to me.
"Mind if I come in? I'm not supposed to be snoopin around here."
I swallowed hard.
"Um s-sure." I said with a grin.
McCree came inside ;) and shut the door behind him. He looked around the room.
"Damn they really cut the funds on the rooms here huh?" McCree commented.
The agent rooms must be a lot nicer for him to make a comment like that.
"Well, i guess it's nicer than any place I've ever slept." I said.
McCree turned to me.
"Where ya from?"
Fuck, he's going to think I'm a complete loser.
"N-no where special." I said sadly.
"We got an agent that sounds a lot like you."
I froze in fear as McCree came closer woth darting eyes. He seemed suspicious. I remember how he acted when he came to SEP. It's good to know he hasn't recognized me. I just have to make sure he doesn't know I'm from SEP.
"Would you happen to know a guy named Junkrat?" He asked.
"W-well I've heard he's very destructive."
"So you are from Australia." McCree said excited. "I knew it."
"Like I said. Nowhere special."
"You one of those criminals from Junkertown too?"
My eyes grew wide. My heart was racing.
"N-no. I'm from a small town. I was sold into slavery by my mom and ran away."
McCree sighed and went to go sit on my bed.
"I was a criminal too."
I gasped. It's like he knew all along!
"What were you?" He asked.
There was no reason for me to lie anymore. I sighed.
"A drug dealer."
"Heh, yeah that'll make ya some money."
"I'm disappointed in who I was." I said.
"Aren't we all?"
There was a long pause.
"Mr. McCree?"
"Heh heh, just call me McCree."
"I didn't know you were a criminal."
"I started my own gang as a matter of fact."
He seemed to have stopped the conversation there.
"Well, I'll see you at trainin' tomorrow." McCree said hopping off the bed. He tipped his hat and shut the door behind him. I just about wanted to melt into the bed.
"He's so cool!"