FIN

McCree was sleeping soundly and continued to recover slowly. I looked down at where his arm used to be and thought of an idea. I could make him a robotic replacement. And his abdomen. I could make a chest plate that would replace his injured lung and the hole in his stomach. It could also serve as the power core. I mumbled these thoughts to myself as I quickly went to a desk to draw up some plans. Angela could help me build it. I was never good at life saving alternatives, but it seems we work together well in that department. I showed her my plans. She studied them carefully and began making notes. We went back down to the lab and began the construction of McCree's new parts. Just like Genji's body this took several weeks. Eventually McCree was able to leave his room on a hover chair and he watched our work. He even made some design choices. We worked together to develop the arm for better combat. Soon it came time to perform the enhancement surgery. McCree layed on the surgery table. I watched from a window outside. Angela stood by McCree with the new robotics ready for equipping. Many nurses stood around her with several devices. She ordered them around and began using tools on Jesse. They slowly cut around his wounds and began connecting wires to his body. I leaned against the window trying to stay awake and hoping that the operation would be successful. Soon the chest plate had been attached to Jesse's torso. Then the robotic arm was attached to his stump. Angela gave a thumbs up through the window and all of the nurses began cheering. I smiled. The operation was successful. I waited for McCree to wake up again. This healing process is even more unnerving. We don't even know if he'll be able to move his new arm. This is all so new. Genji hasn't even woken up yet. Angela said he's losing the will to live. Will McCree be the same? His vitals have been pretty stable and his body is healing nicely to the robotics. I waited every day for him to wake up. Soon he started lifting his fingers. I sat up and stared at him.
"Jesse?!"
The lights on his chest plate powered on. I could feel the robotic arm whirring as it powered on. Then it suddenly tensed up. The arm made a fist. I smiled. It's working. The arm tried to free itself but we fastened it tightly to the bed. His eyes started to open. He looked at me with pain in his expression.
"Hey Jesse." I said. "It worked."
"I-it did?" He mumbled.
McCree looked over at his new robotic arm. He opened his palm and closed it repeatedly like his arm had never left.
"Weird. I'm moving it but I can't feel nothin'." He said.
I chuckled a bit.
"There's no nerves in a robotic arm." I explained. "Do you like it?"
Jesse stared at his new arm thoughtfully.
"It's perfect darlin'." He said smiling.
I wrapped my arms around him happily. Jesse winced s bit in pain but brought his arm up and held me tightly. Even after everything that has happened somehow I knew everything was going to be ok.

💀It's been a while. I have been absolutely crazy busy. I just moved into my own place and working extra hours while also attending school. I've finally brought this story to a close. I unfortunately hat to cut this ending short. I had more plans for this book, but rather than having you guys wait ages for the rest to come out I figured it would be best if I cut it short. Not that I disliked writing this book. In fact it was one of my favorites. It's just hard for me to write anymore which is unfortunate. I love writing! Anyways I hope you enjoyed this story and I hope to find the time to make more in the future. I love you all! ~Maddy💀