Traitor

I was shaking. Everything went mute. I was in Jesse's arms but it felt like I was locked in a room with Gabriel. He was unconscious but I felt the need to guard myself. I felt like I was in danger. Scared that my friend was cursed and that he may hurt me. Suddenly Jesse's voice yelled my name and I woke from my trance in shock.
"What the hell happened in there?!"
"G-Ga.....he killed him." I managed to mutter.
Moira was holding Gabriel as he lay unconscious.
"This was my fault. I haven't been honest with you all. Gabriel wished to keep things a secret. I wanted to share my studies with the world." She said. "You've all now seen how he moves. He can manipulate his body into a ghost like form, unable to fully control it. These new abilities were given to him through experimentation. I wished to find a way to make my own super humans. I succeeded on that part, but failed to give him training. I also failed to pick the right person. Gabriel was never ready."
"You did this to him?" I asked.
"He begged me to perform the operation on him." She said.
"I can't believe he'd do something like this. This asshole only thinks for himself." Jesse said frustrated.
He slammed his fist into the wall of the van. Jesse wanted to be angry, but I could see it in his face. He was scared. I wrapped my arms around him.
"None of us knew Jesse." I said.
The mission can wait. The next couple of days were going to be hard.

We returned to headquarters. Moira immediately rushed Gabriel to the infirmary and strapped him to a bed. Commander Morrison heard us come in and ran down to the infirmary. I turned to face him. He looked worried.
"Is Gabe ok?!" He exclaimed.
I don't think I've ever seen him so worried.
"Morrison. There's something I must tell you." Moira said. She explained the whole thing. The manipulating and disappearing things Gabriel could do. Jack was shocked. Like he'd seen a ghost.
"Why. I begged him not to." Jack said.
"You knew?" I asked.
"Yeah but I didn't think he was actually going to get the operation!" Jack explained. "Selfish bastard!"
He said hammering his fists into the bed. Jack looked up into Gabriel and started to tear up. He leaned his head into Gabriel's side and sobbed. They are closer than I thought.
"Jack?"
"H-he was my rock. How could he betray us like this?!" Jack said sobbing. "Godamn it Gabe...."
"Jack. You two were...."
"Yeah we were dating." Jack said.
I froze, staring at Jack.
"How long?"
"4 years. We didn't want to tell anyone because we were afraid of people not taking us seriously in the workplace."
4 years?! If they've been together for 4 years that means.....Gabe cheated on him."
"I want to male sure no one gets possession of Gabe's abilities." Moira said. I'm going to extract them for good."
Moira walked out of the room writing on a clipboard.
I put my hand to Gabriel's as he lay in bed hoping to feel some kind of good left inside. I closed my eyes and felt as if a good friend had died. Suddenly I felt a firm grip on my wrist. I opened my eyes to see Gabriel grabbing me tightly. I gasped. His eyes opened slowly and he faced me.
"Y/n." He whispered weakly.
"Hey!" Jesse grabbed Gabe's arm trying to make him let go. "He's too strong!"
"Y-you all betrayed me!" Gabe said coarsely.
Jack pulled on Gabriel.
"Let go dammit!"
"Talon stands for something better than Overwatch!" Gabe exclaimed!
The three of us couldn't loosen Gabe's grip. Where was this power coming from?
"Gabe let go of me!"
"You all made me fail my mission, but not this time." Gabe said.
His other hand shakily moved. There was a small device with a button on it in his hand.
"What are you doing?!"
"I failed my mission. So if I'm going down...."
I felt him lose his grip on me. Jesse yanked me from Gabe.
"Y/n!"
"I'm taking you all with me!"
I could hear Gabriel hit the button. Jesse pushed me to the ground and layed on top of me. Everything went mute. An explosion rang through the entire base...