Smoke

🤠There is a deep sadness in my heart knowing that my favorite gunslinger has recently had his name changed. I do like the new name Cole Cassidy, but it will be hard for me to call him Cassidy from now on. I've decided to finish writing this book with the name Jesse McCree, but if I make any future books about the gunslinger (very possible uwu) I will refer to him as Cole Cassidy. ~Maddy🤠

All I could feel was pain. The air was thin and filled with smoke. My whole body was stiff. My ears were ringing.
I felt something heavy on top of me making it hard to breathe. I attempted to lift my arms. A sharp pain pierced my stomach. I continued to lift my arms. I began to feel around me. The air was hot. I grabbed hold of something that was on top of me. It was Jesse. I could feel his hair and shoulders. His hat was missing. I began trying to lift him, but there was something else on top of us. I called for him. No response. He was motionless. I went to feel his pulse. It was very weak. My hands were shaky. I lifted with all my might and managed to sit up lifting McCree off of me. As I lifted I could see where the pain was coming from. A chunk of metal was stabbing right through his stomach. The piece had stabbed me a bit as well. I shook in horror and gently layed Jesse on his side. I reached for his arms, but what i grabbed was a chunk of flesh. His arm had been blown off. All I could feel was blood and bone. I took deep breaths and quickly took my jacket off and wrapped it around the stump of his arm. I coughed into my shirt and tried to lift Jesse onto my shoulder. It was then that I saw disaster. There was nothing but rubble, fire and smoke around me. Gabriel had blown the Overwatch headquarters strait to hell. I turned looking for a way to go. I couldn't see anything so I picked a direction and began walking across the ruin beyond us. My stomach ached but I couldn't let that stop me. McCree needed medical attention and fast. Why I wondered. Why did Gabe do this? Gabe whatever cause you did this for is irrelevant if you're dead. At least my mind could rest easy knowing that he'll never hurt anyone else. Genji, Moira, Jack, and Gabe...they could all be gone. I nearly twisted my ankle after every step. There was so much debris. Suddenly I heard McCree groaning from my shoulder. He was contious!
"Jesse?!"
I took him off my shoulder and layed him down.
"Y/n?"he said weakly.
"Yes it's me! Cover your face."
I pulled his shirt over his mouth to keep him from breathing in smoke. He still had a hard time breathing.
"What....happened?"
"Don't worry about that. Just.....just keep talking ok? Stay with me!"
His eyes peered down and suddenly grew wider.
"Well...s-shit. My arm."
"I'll fix it ok? I'll fix you. Just hold on." I said.
I slung him back over my shoulder and continued walking. Jesse continued to ask me questions. He managed to stay contious until I could find a way out of the ruin. I stumbled into a couple of rocks. It began to rain, but I could still see my surroundings. We were outside of the base along the mountainside. I could see a hangar door along the side of the mountain. I began walking along the side to get to it. I went to touch the hand pad. It lit up. There was still power. The explosion must've not hit the reactor. I opened the hangar door. Maybe some of the hovercarriers made it. I went inside. A part of the hangar had been blown into but in the distance I could see one in good condition.
"Y/n?"
"Jesse we're going to get out of here ok?"
"I-I love you."
"I love you too Jesse."
I lifted him into the carrier and put him on a gurdy. He groaned in pain as I strapped him in. I checked our supplies before starting it up. The jets began to power on and I flew the carrier up and out of the hangar. I began to look on the holo computer for help. The coms had gone down, but the emergency radios were working. I put on a headset and started calling each channel.
"Mayday! Carrier 18! I need immediate medical attention!"
There was no answer. Just static. I tried the next channel. No answer. The next. Still nothing. I started to sound desperate. Nearly crying.
"Someone! Please!"
Then suddenly a high pitched voice came on. It was static at first but it sounded familiar.
"Hello?" I heard faintly.
"Hello? Who's there?!"
"Oh my god! Dr Zeigler?!"
"Y/n? Is that you?! Are you ok? I heard there was an explosion at hq!"
"Yes McCree and I made it out but he's hurt really bad! We were attacked! Gabe rigged the place to blow! He's a traitor!"
"Calm down y/n that doesn't make any sense!"
"I'm telling you! He was working for Talon!"
"Was?"
"The bomb was in the infirmary behind him. He's long gone. Where are you?"
"I can't tell you. Talon could be listening. I'll send you coordinates. Be careful. They could still be after any survivors."
"Thankyou Angela." I said with deep relief.
"Did you hear that Jesse?! Angela will help us! You're gonna be ok Jesse!"
"The doc's alive?"
"Yes! It looks like she's at her hospital in Switzerland. She's gonna help you!"
"Heh. Y/n?"
"Yes Jesse?"
"I've....I've never felt.....so tired and weak...l-like this."
"I hope you'll never have to relive this experience McCree." I said smiling.
I kept my eyes on the sky steadily making my way towards Angela.