Confronting McCree

I looked around the room. My eyes became drawn to one wall. I looked closer and focused on a small axe. I grabbed it off the wall and swung it at the air. Then I wondered what I could do to upgrade it. It felt a little too light and could use a lazer plasma edge to it for lots of damage. Then I could balance the handle and head of the axe to make it throw smoother if I ever had to throw it. Guess I don't really know what I need until we are in combat.
"I might put in a couple requests myself Y/n. Although Moira might work with you on them."
"Moira? Who is that?" I said facing Reyes.
"She's the Blackwatch teams medic. You'll meet her soon."
"I see."
"Well, if you guys have decided on your weapons we can head to the range and weapon training stations." Reyes said pointing us out the door.

After training I began walking back to the living quarters with Tracer.
"I wonder why McCree hasn't come back yet. He can't still be mad at you right?" Tracer said.
Im sure he's still mad at me, but I didn't want to tell her that.
"Beats me."
"It's weird though right. I mean he really seems to like you."
I froze. My face felt hot.
"L-like me? What do you mean?"
"Just during training and when you got here. I saw him come out of your room on our first day. He was smiling. He picked you to be his partner during training the other day. Didn't he?"
"Uhm y-yeah I guess he did."
"It's just weird for him to not show up yknow?" Tracer said. "I'm sure he's fine. I'll see ya tomorrow Y/n."
Tracer went to her room. I waved back at her and approached my door. I gazed down the hallway and looked at the door to Jesse's room. I sighed thinking I could regret this if I confronted him.
"Damn it."
I walked down the hall and stood at McCree's door. I put my fist up to knock but quickly took it away.
"What do I say?"
I put my hand up, but took it away again. I leaned back stumbling on my feet and began to pace a bit in front of the door. I held my hand in front of the door again and knocked. I could hear glass clanking from the other side of the door. The door opened to reveal McCree. His eyes went wide.
"Y/n!" He shouted.
The door quickly slid shut. That was weird. Jesse looked tired. He wasn't wearing his hat. That's all I saw before he shut the door. Was he ok? I knocked again.
"Jesse is everything alright?"
A few moments later the door opened. Jesse looked at me in embarrassment. His hair was messier than usual. He was wearing a grey t shirt covered in stains and he was in a pair of dark wrinkled boxers. I tried not to stare, but he looked rough. In one hand he was carrying a wiskey bottle. I tried to sound professional. We were still squadmates.
"Jesse we haven't seen you at practice. Is there something wrong?"
Jesse rolled his eyes.
"Just cut the bullshit." He said running his hand down his face.
"Jesse look I'm really sorry I didn't tell you about S.E.P. I know you're."
"Stop, stop." He said waving the bottle back and forth. He slurred his words a bit as he spoke. Then he pointed at me. "You don't have anything to be sorry for. I was an asshole ok?"
I stopped and stared in bewilderment. I already knew but I wanted to ask and see if he knew.
"Jesse are you drunk?"
He looked down at the bottle and then at me.
"No, not at all."
I sighed.
"Jesse may I come in?"
He swallowed hard.
"S-sure."
I stepped into the room. My nose filled with a thick man oder. The room was dimly lit and was scattered with empty bottles and stains. I turned to McCree just before he shut the door.
"Jesse, what's going on with you?"
"What do you mean?"
"You're skipping training so you can drink. Why are you doing this?"
"I dunno what your-"
"Yknow, you need some cold water."
I grabbed Jesse by the arm and took the bottle from his hand slamming it onto the night stand.
"Woah Y/n what are ya-"
"Time for you to come back to reality."
I took him into the bathroom and pushed him into the tub. He looked up at me with his eyes barely open. I turned the water on cold.
"Wait Y/n don't do-"
I turned on the shower letting the cold water hose his face.
"Gaaaa!" He exclaimed slapping at the water. I grabbed his arms pinning him to the bowl of the tub. After a bit I dried him off and layed him down onto the bed. Pulling up a chair next to the bed McCree started mumbling to me.
"Hey.....y/n? Thanks." He said.
Then he passed out snoring a bit. I stood up and began cleaning around the room. Then I sat in the chair and waited for McCree to wake up. I was determined to have a sober conversation with him. I looked at Jesse as he slept. I couldn't see his whole face. A piece of hair was covering it. I pondered whether or not I should try and move the piece of hair from his face. I gently reached for it. Jesse moved a bit but stayed asleep. I moved my fingers towards his hair again and gently moved the hair off his face then quickly took my hand away. I stared longingly. He slept so peaceful. His beard looked so soft. His face was so handsome. I miss how we used to talk. He was happier not knowing where I was from. He was charming. I rested my chin on my arms against the bed staring at him longer. Then I began to doze off. Suddenly I felt a soft hand rubbing my arm. I opened my eyes and tilted my head to see Jesse looking at me. He was smiling.
"Hey y/n."
"J-Jesse? How do you feel?" I asked.
"Better now. Thankyou."
I stretched a bit and sat up. Jesse came to sit on the edge of the bed. He scratched his head and looked at me embarrassed again.
"I didn't say it earlier, but I'm glad you came to visit me."
"Oh...really?"
"I've been a jerk lately. It took me a while to realize that I should've gotten to know you more rather than thinking you were just like Jack and Gabe. I don't care if you were in S.E.P. or not. You have shown me that you aren't letting those S.E.P. drugs define who you are. I'm sorry for saying all those mean things. They aren't true yknow. I really mean- oof"
I wrapped my arms around him tightly shedding a few tears. I felt his arms slowly press against my back. I took a deep breath and spoke shakily.
"It's ok Jesse. I'm just glad to see you."
"Heh. You too darling."