44 • After The End (Post 7x20)

It was over. Actually over, not over like they thought it was a year ago. This time there was closure.

No more A.D. No more copycat, no more jumping when their phones went off.

But life would never be the same for Spencer again.

She had just about got over her mom not being her mom. She'd just about accepted that her life had been a half lie for so so long. And now this. A twin. Someone who should've been by her side her whole life. A twin who'd tortured and kidnapped her.

When was this going to end? When was she actually going to have a normal life? When had finding out what happened to Alison all those years ago twist into this?

"Spencer?" Toby's voice shocked her out her thoughts.

Spencer was sitting in an interrogation room at Rosewood PD, being interviewed by her ex-boyfriend about the events of the last 2 days.

"This seems like a stupid question but are you alright?" he asked gently and Spencer just stared blankly at him.

"I'm alive." she said bluntly. "That's as good as it's gonna get right now."

"You're right. And I know it's the last thing you want to talk about right now but Spence, what happened down there?" Toby asked gently.

The events flashed through Spencer's head like a montage but she couldn't see any for long enough to properly tell him.

Waking up

On the floor

Dizzy

Head hurts.

Look up

Me.

I didn't move my hand

She moved her hand.

BOO

Get away.

Mary's coming.

"We didn't expect you to wake up so soon, Spencer."

Questions

Where am I?

Who are you?

Needle

Pain

Now blurry again

Going

Going

Gone.

B

L

A

N

K

Slowly awake.

Blurry ceiling

Blood pressure and IV attached

A hospital? No, no sounds, no smell. Not a hospital.

Panic

Get this stuff off me

Sit up

Try to leave

Can't, chained down.

Me

No, not Me

Another Me sitting on a chair with her feet up, as casual as if this was her living room.

Confusion.

Who is this???

Ask

"How hard did Mona hit you?"