37 • Seeing Double

Spencer cracked an egg into a pan and watched as it began to sizzle. She was tired but in the best way.

It was Sunday morning and Spencer had spent the night with her boyfriend, Toby. It was a relatively new relationship, they'd been dating officially for 4 months but "involved" for around 6 so were still in that happy honeymoon period. She'd woken up a little before him so had decided to make breakfast for both of them.

Apparently she hadn't woken up that much before him because as she leaned forward to turn the cooking bacon over she felt two strong arms wrap around her waist from behind and kisses being planted on her cheeks, neck and wherever else Toby could reach.

"Toby!" Spencer laughed, trying to pull away. "Stop!" she said giggling.

"Hmmm I can't help it, seeing you in my clothes is so sexy." he mumbled into her neck.

"Last night not enough for you?" she asked in a seductive voice.

"I don't think I could ever get enough of you." Toby answered in the same way.

Spencer smiled again and leaned back into his embrace. She knew it was soon but she was really starting to fall in love with his man.

"Well we can test that theory tonight." she said, pulling away from him to start putting breakfast on a couple of plates.

"Not tonight, my brothers coming into town." Toby said, picking up his phone from the counter and checking it.

"Oh yeah! I can't believe that's already today. Time goes too fast." Spencer said, her brain still too asleep to function properly.

"You still coming for dinner?" Toby asked. "I know he wants to meet you." he persuaded.

"Absolutely but I'm going shopping with Hanna in an hour so I'll meet you tonight?" she asked.

"Sure, be at my place at 7" he said, kissing her on the lips before taking his plate from her and sitting down to eat.

"Thanks for breakfast, beautiful." he said and Spencer smiled back. "Anything for you." she responded, winking.

Spencer was kind of nervous about meeting Toby's brother. Neither of them had introduced the other to their families yet, just friends. They'd originally been introduced by two of their friends anyway, Toby had worked with Caleb when he needed a hacker for a case and they'd immediately got along. Hanna and Spencer were friends from high school and Hanna and Caleb had been dating for 2 years.

Spencer and Toby had met at a birthday party for Caleb that Hanna had organised and hit it off straight away. They'd been friends for a few months before Toby asked her out for the first time. They were casually dating for 2 months or so before Toby asked her to be his girlfriend. That had been 4 months ago so it seemed like the right time to do the whole meeting the family thing. Spencer was sure about her feelings for Toby but it didn't make her any less nervous.

She wanted Toby's family to like her. His brother at least, Toby didn't get along with his dad or step-mom and his step-sister sounded like a bitch. His mom had died when he was a kid so his brother was the closest person to him growing up. Spencer didn't know how big their age gap was but they seemed close.

Toby had pre-warned her that his brother was kind of a player. He worked as a travel photographer which sounded insanely cool in Spencer's opinion. Toby, on the other hand, described it as "an excuse to pick up a new girl every night without any consequences." Toby had said that they were very different but loved each other anyway.

She'd just have to wait until tonight to see what Toby's brother was like for herself.

---------------------------------