42 • April 11th

A/N: Not the one-shot I planned but I realised it would be Spencer's birthday today so wrote this. I dont love it but I wrote it in a day and im sleep deprived. enjoy anyway.

4/11/11
The first birthday Spencer celebrated with Toby was her 17th. They'd been together almost 5 months exactly and she was completely and utterly in love with this boy. He was her everything.

Falling in love with him had been one of the biggest curveballs, yet she wouldn't change a single thing. She loved him, so so much.

She woke up early, it was a Monday so she had school and she noticed a ton of messages on her phone. She reluctantly picked it up, worried it might be a nasty -A related surprise. It wasn't, thank God. Instead, it was friends and family who'd texted her to wish her happy birthday.

Her friends, including the girls, had all sent her similar messages along the lines of "Happy Birthday Spence! Can't wait to see you!!" or "Have an amazing day <3"

She scrolled through them quickly, replying to them all with thank yous until finally, she reached Toby's. He'd texted her at exactly 12:00am, even though he would've known she was asleep.

She opened it and smiled, her heart giving a little squeeze.

"Happy birthday gorgeous, here's to the first of many spent together. I couldn't get a gift which measures up to the gift of having you in my life but I tried. I'll see you later, I love you. So, so much."

He was the best out there.

She wasn't able to see him until after school as he had to be at work early and she had school but she couldn't wait until she was with him.

She opened her cards and presents from her parents, mostly books and clothes and ate a couple pastries her mom had got from The Brew.

The school day was okay but dragged, she got a lot of "Happy Birthday"s from people in the hall and the girls all gave her gifts; perfume from Hanna (which wasn't stolen, she assured Spencer), a new school bag from Aria and a really cool elegant looking journal from Emily. She loved them.

But she was very happy when 3 rolled around and she finally walked out of school, seeing her boyfriend leaning against his motorcycle, waiting for her.

She walked over to him and grinned when he looked up and saw her. "Hi beautiful, happy birthday." He said and he pulled her into a hug, pecking her lips when they pulled away a few moments later. "Thank you." Spencer replied genuinely. "Good day so far?" he asked and Spencer nodded. "Yeah, but I'm ready to get away from everyone." she said and Toby nodded, understanding.

"In that case, let's go." he said, passing her a helmet which she put on. If a year ago you would've told her that she'd be riding on the back of Toby Cavanaugh's motorcycle, there's no way she would've believed it. But she'd actually grown to quite like it. It felt freeing. And any chance to wrap her arms around her boyfriend she was going to take, plus it kind of made him seem like a bad boy which she wouldn't deny, kinda turned her on.

Toby had point-blank refused to tell her what his plans for her birthday were so she was pleasantly surprised when they ended up at Lookout Point. He was working on moving out and her parents were still coming to terms with their relationship and they were home so this was the perfect spot to be alone, together.

He climbed off the motorcycle and helped her off too then laid out a blanket on the ground and they sat down.

"Remember the first time we came up here?" Spencer asked, looking over at the view of Rosewood.

"I do. The day I got the tag off, we went over to the Leaving Rosewood sign and you said I could just keep going, if that's what I wanted." Toby said and Spencer smiled at the memory.