A/N: Finale Thoughts

OKAY so I've heard extremely mixed things about the finale so I thought I'd express my opinion. PLEASE FEEL FREE TO TALK ABOUT YOURS EVEN IF THEY CONFLICT because I wanna know what you guys thought.

FIRSTLY: The actual AD herself- Alex Drake. I honestly thought this was a terrible idea although as a British girl called Alex I thought it was a funny coincidence. I saw this theory a lot before the finale as so many people believed in it- therefore, like the Cece reveal it was predictable and anti-climatic. I think it didn't work at all and just like Cece, Alex had very little reason to become AD. To me it made no sense why she kidnapped Ezra or killed Wren and the fact she believed Toby was in love with her kinda just urgh. I think the character of Spencer was extremely messed around with after the time jump- what with Mary Drake and Yvonne and Caleb I think she should have got a break when it came down to who AD was. Overall I didn't like the reveal and looking back I actually wish PLL had finished after 6x10 on a semi-high note.

SECONDLY: Spoby
Every Romantic Spoby scene we got after 6x10 was a lie and this absolutely sucks. However, I'm unsure if it was Spencer or Alex that Toby had sex with in the finale. I'm pretty sure it was Alex as she seemed a lot more dominant compared to Spencer and this sex scene was very similar to the Alex and Toby scene in 7x18. I also think this because Keegan said after 6x10 that Spoby shared no more kisses and he said this again after the Alex reveal. However the only reason I'm not sure is because when Spencer hears a noise after she gets out the shower she calls for Toby, who seems an unlikely first choice of who she thought would be there so I have no idea. I wasn't sure what the whole Limerence thing was about- "A kind of unrequited love" means that the love is one-sided. I think this is Spencer believing that she loves Toby but Toby doesn't love her back although some people have said it is her rejecting Toby by saying although he loves her she doesn't love him back. But because they end up together the first one is more likely.

THIRDLY: Endings of ships.
Ezria: Ezria is definitely my favourite ship after Spoby and I'm very glad they ended up married. I think they've been through a lot and are the only couple who have been together since ep1 despite the break ups and book ect. I was actually super sad when Aria cried about being barren and I loved how supportive Ezra was of her anyway.

Haleb: I don't really care about Haleb all that much but I do like that they ended up together because I think they work well together- I'm really glad Hanna ended the show pregnant because it showed the fans they had a good future ahead of them.

Emison: Apologies to any Emison fans but I thought that entire plot line was ridiculous and there were soooo many more ways of getting Emily and Alison together. I feel like the writers literally looked up the most ridiculous theories and badly written fanfic to come up with this storyline and they could've done so much better tbh.

FINALLY: Troian.
I have heard so much hate being directed towards Troian because of this finale. I have a few things to say about that.
I love Troian Bellisario with all my heart, I think she's an absolute inspiration and has such a wide variety of skills that just confirms her brilliance.
SHE DID NOT GET A SAY ON PLAYING AD. HER JOB IS TO FOLLOW THE SCRIPT AND TELL THE STORY TO THE BEST OF HER ABILITY AND THE FACT PEOPLE ARE BLAMING THE AD REVEAL ON HER IS ACTUALLY SO STUPID.
I think she did a brilliant job of playing a completely psychotic character in a different way that she played psychotic Spencer. I thought overall her accent was pretty good but it did falter a few times- but as I live not far from Essex (what she based the accent on) and am very used to the authentic thing of course to me it won't be perfect- but to someone who hasn't heard it before I'm sure it sounded very accurate. 

Anyway, I'm working on about 4 different one-shots right now and they should be up soon as I've finished school and am currently relaxing on holiday in Thailand- which means a lot of writing time.

Tell me your opinion the comments!!

Love always- 🅰️lex