46 • Dream Boy

He's here.

Finally.

We are together.

He smiles, tells me he misses me.

I missed him too.

"How long do we have?" I ask.

"Same as always, until the morning." he tells me. I already know but it still hurts.

I nod.

He offers his arms to me and I engulf myself in them. His touch is the most real thing I have ever felt. I can feel every inch of my body touching his and I know that I will never be this connected with anyone else.

"You've been gone a while." he says and I look up at him. His ocean blue eyes connect with mine.

"I know, I tried to get to you, I thought about you every day." I promise and it is not a lie.

"It's okay." he reassures.

"I tried to find you." I tell him and he pulls away from our hug.

"Find me?" he asks.

"You know, in the real world." I clarify and he nods.

"Any luck?" he asks and I shake my head. "If I'd found you I wouldn't keep dreaming." I tell him.

"Keep looking, you'll get there." he promises.

"But how? I don't know your name." I protest.

"Spencer..." he says, warning me gently. "You know if I could tell you I would but this is still your brain and as much as I wish I could telepathically inform you, this is a subconscious image." he says.

"I need to stop watching documentaries before bed, that was wordy." I reply and he laughs. 

"You are real though, aren't you?" I ask although I already know the answer.

"Yes. I am." he confirms. "I'm as real as you are, you just have to find me." he says.

"Do you have these dreams too?" I ask and he shakes his head.

"I dream of you, but these conversations aren't in my dreams too. We talk about different things." he tells me.

I climb into the back of his truck and lie back, he has pillows and a blanket so i'm comfy as I lie back. A moment passed and he joins me, pulling me into his arms. "See? This touch is more real than life." he says and it makes all the sense and no sense at the same time. I know exactly what he means.

"Why can't you find me?" I ask and he sighs. "I'm trying but just like you don't know my name, in my dreams I don't know yours." he explains.

"If you actually exist like you say you do, why do you think this has happened? Do you think I saw you on the street and my subconscious latched onto you?" I ask and he shakes his head.

"No. I think we're soulmates. We connected unknowingly and now we dream until we meet." he says and I understand.

"Shut your eyes." he says and I obey.

"You can feel every bit of you I'm touching as though you're awake, can't you?" he asks.

"It's more real than that." I answer and I feel him chuckle. He misses my forehead.

"Just hold on." he says and I smile. I feel myself drifting a little.

"Sunset." he says quietly and I open my eyes. He's right.

The sky above us is painted orange and pink, the clouds sparse as they float sleepily.

"I've never seen a sunset like this, but I know how it looks." I say and look up at him. He grins boyishly.

"Everything is clearer and more beautiful when you're here." he said and I agree.

"You're drifting." he observes. "I am. But we've had no time." I say, and I feel hollow all of a sudden.

"We've had all the time in the world." he tells me and leans my chin up for a kiss.

Our lips connect and there's pure electricity between us.

"I'll see you on the other side." I promise as I begin to fade.

"Yes, I think you will." he agrees and for the first time, I truly believe it.

a/n: 2am very short abstract ramble based off a dream i had. lol sorry for being so bad with uploads i promise i have a couple proper ones in the works but life was busy and i was busier. new shots should be out soon xx
love you!
ally xo