7 • Betrayal

READ TO THE END TO MAKE THIS ONE-SHOT MAKE SENSE

She couldn't believe what she was seeing.

Her fiancé kissing another woman.

A woman that wasn't her.

She felt tears begin to prick her eyes and she watched as the betrayal continued, the other woman pulled away but the man, who she had believed was hers and only hers, pulled her back in.

She watched, tears filling her coffee brown eyes.

Yet another match she'd lost against this girl.

The two people she stood staring at were now kissing even more intensely.

She sighed- she knew deep down that this would happen, he would always love that girl more than he'd ever love her and she owed it to him to leave him.

They deserved each other, she thought.

She wasn't really sure if she meant it bitterly or earnestly.

She then watched as her fiancé went into what was supposed to have been their house with the other woman- it was final, she would write a goodbye note and leave that and her ring...

An hour later she left the note and the ring, taped to the note, on his truck windscreen.

She had poured her heart out into her note, telling Toby that she would miss him and the time they'd spent together was the best of her life.

She began to pack, they had been in the process of moving into the house luckily enough, so most of her things were at her old place.

She threw socks, underwear, dresses and shirts into a suitcase.

She remembered Toby had bought her that suitcase, he told her they would "travel the world" together.

He would do that with her now, maybe they'd go to Paris and he'd propose there, maybe they'd have a beautiful wedding and have equally beautiful blue eyed babies.

In her heart she knew this life was never meant for her.

They had only ended up together because they each wanted to distract themselves their problems and demons from their past.

Her mother would be so disappointed, but she knew it was for the best.

She loved Toby, as a lover or as a friend she didn't know but she did know he wanted her to be happy.

And she knew they would be happy together.

It still stung though, it would be wrong if it didn't, but it was time to let Toby love who he needed to love, even if that wasn't her.

She picked up her suitcase and looked around one final time, remembering the good memories she and Toby would always have here.

"Goodbye Toby"  Yvonne whispered to herself as she walked out of the trailer, and away from the house where Spencer and Toby were wrapped up in the sheets together, as happy as they had been when they were 16.