Ch. 9 - THE GIRL WHO KNEW TO MUCH

Florence's outfit

Chapter Nine⊚ The Girl Who Knew Too Much ⊚

Chapter Nine
The Girl Who Knew Too Much

Ms. Blake walks the aisle between desks as she lectures. "Idioms, analogies, metaphors and similes. All tools for the writer to tell their story." She explained, not paying attention to all the bored expressions on her students faces.

She pauses next to Lydia's desk, noticing Lydia's drawing a picture of a leafless tree in her notebook. "Lydia, I wasn't aware you had so many hidden talents." Ms. Blake complemented making Lydia hum. "You and every guy I've ever dated." Lydia said making Ms. Blake look taken back. "And that was an idiom by the way." She said and unimpressed, Lydia goes back to drawing.

"Idioms are something of a secret to the people who know the language or culture." She said walking back up to the front, glancing moment at Scott and Stiles as she said that. "They're phrases that only make sense if you know key words. Saying "jump the gun" is meaningful only if you know about the starting gun in a race. Or a phrase like "seeing the whole board."

"Like chess." Stiles muttered making Ms. Blake look at hin with a smile, "That's right, Stiles. Do you play?" She asked and he shook his head, "Uh, no. My father does."

"Now when does an idiom become a cliché?" As hands go up in the classroom, Scott leans over to whisper to Stiles. "I think I can get to Ethan or Florence. I'm pretty sure I can make them talk." Scott said making Stiles look at him confused, "What do you want to do that for?" He asked.

"The Emissaries are Druids, right?" He asked and Stiles nodded "So what if the Darach was an Emissary to the Alphas?" He said. "First of all, I can't believe we've gotten to the point where a sentence like "what if the Darach was an Emissary to the Alphas" actually makes sense to me. Second, there's a huge problem with getting to Ethan or Florence." Stiles said. "What's that?" Scott asked.

"Going through Aiden." Stiles answered and Scott nodded, "Since he's been back in school they're always together. How are we supposed to separate them again?" Stiles says and Scott thinks for a moment. Then the two of them turn to look at Lydia sitting behind them. She glances up from her drawing, sighing.

"What now?"

"This whole thing with Danny? It needs to stop." Aiden said as the twins stood with Florence at her locker and Ethan shrugged, "He's harmless. And Lydia's the one we're supposed to worry about..." Ethan said making Florence sigh quietly, "Then why are you still talking to Danny?" Aiden asked.

"What difference does it make?" Ethan asked and Aiden raised his eyebrows, "What do you think we're doing here? No matter how much Florence studies, we're not actual high school students. We're here to eliminate a threat, not hold hands and pass notes in class." He said and Florence rolled her eyes.